Combinatorica NetworkFlow: Does it work?

R G

Apr 1, 2010, 6:59:06 AM4/1/10

I've been trying to use the NetworkFlow[] function, and after various
attempts over a period of a couple of weeks I've yet to get it to
produce anything even on what should be trivial problems. Most
recently I've tried to run the following example from a post here
about a year ago by Sjoerd C. de Vries:

NetworkFlow[FromAdjacencyMatrix[{{Infinity, 5, 3, Infinity, Infinity,
Infinity}, {0, Infinity, 2, 3, Infinity, Infinity},
{0, 2, Infinity, Infinity, 4, Infinity}, {Infinity, 0,
Infinity,
Infinity, 1, 2}, {Infinity, Infinity, 0, 0, Infinity, 5},
{Infinity, Infinity, Infinity, 0, 0, Infinity}},
EdgeWeight], 1, 6]

It has been running for about 20 minutes now on my computer (which is
not top-of-the-line, but not as slow as that); this is already a lot
longer than it would take to solve the problem by hand.

Does anyone have any idea what might be happening?