QWE: QWE's not WEB for Emacs

rocher

Aug 9, 2010, 12:18:01 PM8/9/10
Hi all,

I've recently discovered this newsgroup is working again.

Let me present you "QWE, QWE's not WEB for Emacs", a new literate
programming system for almost any programming language. Main ideas
behind QWE are:

* It is a (quasi)-WYSIWYG system although source documents are
human readable

* Programs and documentation live in the same file.

* It is based on one-line comments, those starting with a special
character and extending up to the end of line. All QWE commands must
be put inside these comments, so can be used with C/C++/C#/D, Java,
bash, awk, pyhton, ruby, ... and nothing special must be done to
compile source code or to run scripts.

* It resembles somehow LaTeX: document structure, text
formatting, ...

* It is highly customizable, both using custom variables and
specific extensions. One of the extensions is QWEB, WEB for QWE; ToC
generation and other.

* QWE is in pre-alpha status, meaning that at the current writing
there is not yet any tool to convert QWE to other formats (HTML,
LaTeX, pdf, etc). It was born and grew as proof of concept, so there
are still immature or somewhat ill-defines features.

* QWE is currently implemented in Emacs Lisp, but could be easy
ported to other editors or IDEs, like Eclipse.

For more information and some screen-shots, please visit http://www.nongnu.org/qwe

Comments, ideas, criticisms and volunteers are welcome.

-- Francesc Rocher