[9fans] Coraid funded

Brantley Coile

Jan 30, 2010, 7:42:25 PM1/30/10
I just want to share with the list that we have announced that Coraid, the largest distributor of Plan 9 systems in the world, has accepted some serious venture funding. See the link below for a short interview with our new CEO. Kevin and I hit it off right away. Our use of Plan 9 was fully blessed by one of our advisors. As we grow we will continue to do a lot to help the Plan 9 community, not to mention revolutionize storage area networking.

http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2010/01/25/startup-with-all-star-backers-aims-to-disrupt-storage-market/

Brantley Coile

Oh, and by the way, we need more people. Send resumes please. Any of you google guys board with a huge company yet? :)

Tim Newsham

Jan 30, 2010, 8:12:05 PM1/30/10
> Oh, and by the way, we need more people. Send resumes please. Any of
> you google guys board with a huge company yet? :)

Congratulations! I'm somewhat interested in what you guys are doing,
but also on the opposite side of the country and unable to relocate.
Do you guys ever farm out work or hire off-site?

I've also been busy working on my own thing.... using 9p to
allow sharing of resources between some of the commodity operating
systems. For proof-of-concept I've done audio sharing between
windows, android and linux. It's all prototype stuff at the
moment but I'm working on putting some polish on it. I'm more
of a technical person than a business person and have been trying
to learn more about next steps. If you have any great advice for
tech people working on a software startup, I'd love to hear some.

Tim Newsham | www.thenewsh.com/~newsham | thenewsh.blogspot.com

erik quanstrom

Jan 30, 2010, 8:38:24 PM1/30/10
> Oh, and by the way, we need more people. Send resumes please. Any of you google guys board with a huge company yet? :)

email hir...@coraid.com

- erik

Eric Van Hensbergen

Jan 30, 2010, 8:38:16 PM1/30/10
Congrats Brantley - this is great news!

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone

Don Bailey

Jan 30, 2010, 8:39:50 PM1/30/10
Wow, that is really awesome. Congrats, indeed!

Nick LaForge

Jan 30, 2010, 8:58:29 PM1/30/10
Congratulations on this exciting news!

-- A 9fan grateful for the public benefit already generated from
Coraid's technology and code.

Tim Newsham

Jan 30, 2010, 10:19:29 PM1/30/10
oops, that wasnt supposed to go to 9fans.. sorry guys.

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010, Tim Newsham wrote:
>> Oh, and by the way, we need more people. Send resumes please. Any of you
>> google guys board with a huge company yet? :)
>
> Congratulations! I'm somewhat interested in what you guys are doing,

Tim Newsham | www.thenewsh.com/~newsham | thenewsh.blogspot.com

Matt Adams

Jan 31, 2010, 12:14:11 AM1/31/10
To the Coraid team:

Congrats on your recent funding - your efforts to improve and enhance
Plan 9 are obvious throughout the community.

Cheers,

Matt

John Stalker

Jan 31, 2010, 5:08:34 AM1/31/10
> I just want to share with the list that we have announced that Coraid,
> the largest distributor of Plan 9 systems in the world, has accepted
> some serious venture funding. See the link below for a short interview
> with our new CEO. Kevin and I hit it off right away. Our use of Plan 9
> was fully blessed by one of our advisors. As we grow we will continue
> to do a lot to help the Plan 9 community, not to mention revolutionize
> storage area networking.

That's certainly good news.
--
John Stalker