ThinkFree Office Online with 1 GiB free storage

Alex

Apr 25, 2006, 11:52:55 AM4/25/06
Does anyone try that yet? It seems quite nice that there is 1 GiB
storage for free. It works here with Innotek Java 1.4.2 and Mozilla 1.7.12.

I also download the ThinkFree Office 3 for Windows. For this Office is
written in Java, I would wonder if it can be run under OS/2. The
question is HOW? There are also Mac and Linux version.

Doug Bissett

Apr 25, 2006, 12:19:05 PM4/25/06

Links???

--
From the eComStation 1.2 of Doug Bissett
doug dot bissett at attglobal dot net

Alex

Apr 25, 2006, 12:26:52 PM4/25/06
Doug Bissett wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:52:55 UTC, Alex <alex....@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>Does anyone try that yet? It seems quite nice that there is 1 GiB
>>storage for free. It works here with Innotek Java 1.4.2 and Mozilla 1.7.12.
>>
>>I also download the ThinkFree Office 3 for Windows. For this Office is
>>written in Java, I would wonder if it can be run under OS/2. The
>>question is HOW? There are also Mac and Linux version.
>

> Links???

www.thinkfree.com

Doug Bissett

Apr 27, 2006, 10:29:27 PM4/27/06

Looks interesting. I will have a better look, when I find some spare
time.

If it is actually written properly, for JAVA, it should run in OS/2. I
would suggest trying the Linux version. For most JAVA programs, I use
the utility:

> http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/util/wps/run_java__20030526.zip

to create an icon, and set it up to run the JAR file. This doesn't
always work, but the record is pretty good.

Hope this helps...

Alex.nospam

May 23, 2006, 11:19:27 AM5/23/06
ThinkFree Office 3.0 and EIOffice 2007 beta all need J2RE 5.0. How pitty
we don't have Java runtime 5.0.

Both Office running very fest under Windowz/Linux/Mac OS X. Is there any
possible to get Java 5.0 for OS/2?

ThinkFree Office: www.thinkfree.com
EIOffice: http://www.evermoresw.com/webch/index.jsp or www.evermoresw.com