Anyone using Kelvin 64 with Win 95?

Mike Birket

May 4, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/4/95
Just curious as to what drivers you are using to get the most from
this graphics card. I just changed to this card and let Windows 95
work out what hardware was configured. It correctly identifies the
chipset (5434??) and everything is working. Does using this driver
give me all the speed facilities of the card?

A related question: Screen properties for the desktop only allows me
to have either 640x480 or 800x600. Is there any way to run at higher
resolutions ie 1024x768?

Cheers

Mike

@@@@@@@@@@
@ ~ ~ @
| O O |
===============ooOoo=== ( )====ooOoo====================
| |
| Mike Birket |
| Uxbridge, Middx "Abuse the horse, Luke!" |
| United Kingdom |

Christopher Bone

May 5, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/5/95
In article <3oapop$d...@newsgate.dircon.co.uk>
m-bi...@dircon.co.uk "Mike Birket" writes:

> Is there any way to run at higher
> resolutions ie 1024x768?

You need to tell Windows 95 that your monitor is capable of 1024x768 in
the control panel / Display / Settings / Change Display Type. Set this
to the highest resolution and frequency you can support.

Regards,

Chris

----------------
Christopher Bone
----------------

Mark Pickavance

May 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/9/95
In article: <3oapop$d...@newsgate.dircon.co.uk> m-bi...@dircon.co.uk (Mike Birket) writes:

> Just curious as to what drivers you are using to get the most from
> this graphics card. I just changed to this card and let Windows 95
> work out what hardware was configured. It correctly identifies the
> chipset (5434??) and everything is working. Does using this driver
> give me all the speed facilities of the card?
Yup.

> A related question: Screen properties for the desktop only allows me
> to have either 640x480 or 800x600. Is there any way to run at higher
> resolutions ie 1024x768?
I am using the Kelvin 64 at 1024X768, I just drag the slider in
Display setting to that resolution.
Your problem could be either you are specifying too many colours for
the resolution you want (a 1MB Kelvin can only have 256 Colours in
1024x768). Or - You have specified a monitor with a maximum resolution of 800x600.
I am running a 1MB Kelvin 64 PCI on Build 347 and have no problems.

Mark Pickavance