xmosaic binary, Motif, and term

Terry Dawson

Sep 13, 1993, 2:20:06 AM9/13/93
I remember there being some discussion relating to the use of Motif
within the Linux community, and vaguely recall there being mention
of the possibility of someone already having gone through the steps
necessary to obtain same.

My interest primarily (at this point) lies in xmosaic, which I understand
requires the motif libraries to compile/run.

Does anybody have a statically linked xmosaic 1.2 binary that they could
make available ? (with patches to support 'term' would be most excellent)

Could someone briefly fill me in on the details of the use/availablity of
the Motif libraries for Linux ?

Is there anyone that already has the Motif libraries that would compile
a version of xmosaic 1.2 with term patches for me ?

I live in hope.
Thanks
Terry

--
--- Terry Dawson, ter...@extro.ucc.su.oz.au

R. Stewart Ellis

Sep 13, 1993, 10:09:42 AM9/13/93
ter...@extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU (Terry Dawson) writes:

[deleted]

>Does anybody have a statically linked xmosaic 1.2 binary that they could
>make available ? (with patches to support 'term' would be most excellent)

[deleted]

Check the sunsite archive in the US. I do not yet run Linux, but do run
term on Suns.

I accessed it with gopher, but the gopher and ftp file systems are the same,
the dir names may be slightly different however.

Host=calypso.oit.unc.edu (also known as sunsite.unc.edu)

The gopher path looks like.
/Linux/apps/comm/term/term/extra/xmosaic+term.tar.gz

I would like someone who has motif libraries on Solaris 2.x to compile it
with the term patches and make it available on sunsite.

--
R.Stewart(Stew) Ellis, Assoc.Prof., (Off)313-762-9765 ___________________
Humanities & Social Science, GMI Eng.& Mgmt. Inst. / _____ ______

Terry Dawson

Sep 14, 1993, 7:32:00 AM9/14/93
ter...@extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU (Terry Dawson) writes:

>I live in hope.

Thank you very much to all those that responded!

My hope was well rewarded.

Regards

Scott A. Laird

Sep 21, 1993, 5:47:23 PM9/21/93

I recently uploaded XMosaic for Linux to sunsite, in
/pub/Linux/system/Network/info-systems/xmosaic-1.2.ter.tar.z. There
is also a regular, non-term version in the same directory. Enjoy.

Scott.
--
Scott A. Laird | "But this goes to 18,446,744,073,709,551,615"
la...@midway.uchicago.edu | - Nigel on his 64-bit computer