Twisted Minds At TechRights.org and Linux Advocacy In General.

flatfish+++

May 23, 2011, 9:50:21 PM5/23/11
This is the kind of Linux "advocacy" that techRights.org spews.
now try and follow along as ThistleWeb (Gordon Sinclair) drills Roy
Schestowtiz a new one.

Also, Gordon Sinclair is the Scotsman who was the third member of the
TechLoons podcast but recently quit. You can easily see why. He's a lot
smarter than Roy.

msb_ BTW is Mark S Bilk. The loony toon who thinks 9-11 was an inside
job. If you read up further in the log he starts discussing Thermite
and the 9-11 attacks and Roy just kind of let's him go on and on without
letting him know how loony his theories are.

It's the Chris Ahlstrom method of Lieing for LIEnux and it's supporters
by omission.

This interaction is so full of lies, half truths and squirming it's
comical.

Have fun!

msb_ I sought help in the #ekiga irc. They told me to ask in their
mailing-list. Non-interactive help by mail is going to take forever to
fix my audio problems with ekiga. May 22 23:47

msb_ SIP is not ready for general use yet.

ThistleWeb you think you're an example of general use? May 22 23:52

msb_ Sure, once you get it working it keeps working. I can't get it
working. May 22 23:52

ThistleWeb someone who scripts apps to open on certain desktops with
keyboard shortcuts? May 22 23:52

schestowitz ekiga didn't need special configuration May 22 23:53

schestowitz just opening an account May 22 23:53

schestowitz recording was the hard part May 22 23:53

msb_ You wanna help me troubleshoot my ekiga installation? May 22 23:54

schestowitz sure May 22 23:55

msb_ Of course I understand that it works for some people. But it
doesn't work for me, and Skype does. Google-talk also does, apparently,
according to its VU meters, although nobody as talked to me on it yet.
May 22 23:55

schestowitz but I'm not an ekiga dev May 22 23:56

msb_ Great! May 22 23:56

schestowitz skype doesn't work for me May 22 23:56

schestowitz never did May 22 23:56

schestowitz since I started trying in 2008 May 22 23:56

msb_ You're kidding, right? May 22 23:56

schestowitz I tried may cams May 22 23:56

schestowitz None worked May 22 23:56

schestowitz And it was skype's fault May 22 23:56

msb_ Does it work for voice? May 22 23:56

schestowitz All the Linux SIP clients found the cams fine May 22 23:56

schestowitz same for Tim May 22 23:56

schestowitz SIp apps correctly get his cam May 22 23:56

msb_ Does skype work for voice for you? May 22 23:56

schestowitz Skype doesn't May 22 23:56

schestowitz Skype is rubbish for it May 22 23:57

schestowitz Good match for the Vole :-) May 22 23:57

schestowitz Shoddy software since acquisition May 22 23:57

msb_ Does skype work for voice for you? May 22 23:57

schestowitz skype works for voice, yes May 22 23:57

ThistleWeb <schestowitz> Shoddy software since acquisition << skype?
May 22 23:57
schestowitz Not sure it did initially May 22 23:57

msb_ ok May 22 23:57

schestowitz IIRC I had to mess with it a little May 22 23:57

msb_ I've never used it for video. May 22 23:57

schestowitz ThistleWeb: yes May 22 23:57

schestowitz It has large userbase May 22 23:58

schestowitz But it's rubbish in some ways May 22 23:58

schestowitz It's a botnet May 22 23:58

schestowitz That's what makes it powerful for network pipes May 22 23:58

ThistleWeb ahh, so despite not actually changing in anything other than
ownership, it's suddenly went downhill May 22 23:58

schestowitz It's where SIP is lacking May 22 23:58

schestowitz And a friend told me that Skype for hypePad is rubbish
resolution May 22 23:58

schestowitz like a phone app May 22 23:58

ThistleWeb or has there been a new version released since the takeover?
May 22 23:58

schestowitz I never praised skype May 22 23:58
schestowitz That's Tim May 22 23:58
schestowitz I think May 22 23:59
ThistleWeb as far as I understand, it's the same software before and
after May 22 23:59

schestowitz Although he too has cam issues May 22 23:59

schestowitz I wasted like 10 hours of my life trying to get webcams to
work in skype May 22 23:59

ThistleWeb that's not to say it won't change in the future, it probs
will May 22 23:59

schestowitz That's what I call rubbish proprietaruy May 22 23:59

schestowitz I doubt Microsoft will fix it May 22 23:59

--
flatfish+++
Please visit our hall of Linux idiots.

Watching Linux Fail:
http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/

Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead
"By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta
in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory."
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.html

DFS

May 23, 2011, 10:51:12 PM5/23/11
On 5/23/2011 9:50 PM, flatfish+++ wrote:

> This interaction is so full of lies, half truths and squirming it's
> comical.
>
> Have fun!

This bit is classic.

> schestowitz Skype doesn't May 22 23:56
>
> schestowitz Skype is rubbish for it May 22 23:57
>
> schestowitz Good match for the Vole :-) May 22 23:57
>
> schestowitz Shoddy software since acquisition May 22 23:57

As if there was ever any doubt, the MS-hating moron Spamowitz again
shows how deluded and ignorant he is.

flatfish+++

May 23, 2011, 10:54:51 PM5/23/11

Amazing isn't it?

And ThistleWeb (Gordon Sinclair) points it out and that's what gets
Spamowitz squirming around.

What an idiot he is.

flatfish+++

May 23, 2011, 10:58:59 PM5/23/11
On Mon, 23 May 2011 22:51:12 -0400, DFS wrote:

On the topic of monitors vs speakers, I lost the post, I have a basic
Boston Acoustics system for my somewhat older home theater.
I like the sound of it, the price was right and it's nice.

You wouldn't want to use the Focal or Genelec or any studio monitor as a
home speaker anyway, for the most part.

They are designed to reveal flaws in the recording process and will
reveal every bad splice point, overload, hiss, hum etc in the
recordings.

Unlike home entertainment speakers which are designed to make things
sound nice.

When I had my JBL's before I sold them I put them in the living room for
a bit and they sounded horrible.
It's just not designed for that application.

Hadron

May 24, 2011, 3:50:28 AM5/24/11
flatfish+++ <flat...@marianatrench.com> writes:

> msb_ Of course I understand that it works for some people. But it
> doesn't work for me, and Skype does. Google-talk also does, apparently,
> according to its VU meters, although nobody as talked to me on it yet.
> May 22 23:55
>
> schestowitz but I'm not an ekiga dev May 22 23:56

ROTFLM!

Hadron

May 24, 2011, 3:55:01 AM5/24/11
flatfish+++ <flat...@marianatrench.com> writes:

> schestowitz skype doesn't work for me May 22 23:56
>
> schestowitz never did May 22 23:56
>
> schestowitz since I started trying in 2008 May 22 23:56
>
> msb_ You're kidding, right? May 22 23:56
>
> schestowitz I tried may cams May 22 23:56
>
> schestowitz None worked May 22 23:56
>
> schestowitz And it was skype's fault May 22 23:56
>
> msb_ Does it work for voice? May 22 23:56
>
> schestowitz All the Linux SIP clients found the cams fine May 22 23:56
>
> schestowitz same for Tim May 22 23:56
>
> schestowitz SIp apps correctly get his cam May 22 23:56
>
> msb_ Does skype work for voice for you? May 22 23:56
>
> schestowitz Skype doesn't May 22 23:56
>
> schestowitz Skype is rubbish for it May 22 23:57
>
> schestowitz Good match for the Vole :-) May 22 23:57
>
> schestowitz Shoddy software since acquisition May 22 23:57
>

> ThistleWeb <schestowitz> Shoddy software since acquisition << skype?
> May 22 23:57
>

> msb_ I've never used it for video. May 22 23:57
>
> schestowitz ThistleWeb: yes May 22 23:57
>
> schestowitz It has large userbase May 22 23:58
>
> schestowitz But it's rubbish in some ways May 22 23:58
>
> schestowitz It's a botnet May 22 23:58
>
> schestowitz That's what makes it powerful for network pipes May 22 23:58
>
> ThistleWeb ahh, so despite not actually changing in anything other than
> ownership, it's suddenly went downhill May 22 23:58
>
> schestowitz It's where SIP is lacking May 22 23:58
>
> schestowitz And a friend told me that Skype for hypePad is rubbish
> resolution May 22 23:58
>
> schestowitz like a phone app May 22 23:58
>
> ThistleWeb or has there been a new version released since the takeover?
> May 22 23:58

*chuckle*

Roy really really is a clueless, paranoid. And the best thing is that
ThistleWeb didnt have to say much to make it obvious.

Roy Schestowitz is actually stating that the Skype has got worse since
MS took over.

He also claims he never got it (the worlds most used voip SW) working
with his HW .. but "all the Linux sip clients" do ... Funny how they
cant get them actually making a call...

flatfish+++

May 24, 2011, 8:16:53 AM5/24/11

Of course the minute the world's most used voip software gets taken over
by Microsoft it immediately is crap.

And it's truly amazing that Roy couldn't get Skype working but yet Linux
solutions worked fine right away.

Sure.....

DFS

May 24, 2011, 11:21:36 AM5/24/11
On 5/24/2011 8:16 AM, flatfish+++ wrote:

> Of course the minute the world's most used voip software gets taken over
> by Microsoft it immediately is crap.

Similar to how the MS-hating crackpot Gooblin "removed OpenSUSE from our
local computer club machines after they signed up with Microsoft"

So, OpenSUSE was fine at minute 0, but at minute 1 it wasn't fine
because Novell - which had actually open-sourced 100% of SUSE Pro - made
a deal with Microsoft.

Gotcha.

> And it's truly amazing that Roy couldn't get Skype working but yet Linux
> solutions worked fine right away.
>
> Sure.....

"All the Linux SIP clients found the cams fine...
same for Tim...
SIp apps correctly get his cam...
Skype doesn't...
Skype is rubbish for it ...
Good match for the Vole :-)...
Shoddy software since acquisition"

heh!

This is the moron who for the longest time accepted money to run ads for
proprietary software on his anti-MS hate site.

Read his real experiences with OSS crapware here:

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2011/05/22/making-techbytes/

flatfish+++

May 24, 2011, 12:10:44 PM5/24/11
On Tue, 24 May 2011 11:21:36 -0400, DFS wrote:

> On 5/24/2011 8:16 AM, flatfish+++ wrote:
>

>> Of course the minute the world's most used voip software gets taken over
>> by Microsoft it immediately is crap.
>
> Similar to how the MS-hating crackpot Gooblin "removed OpenSUSE from our
> local computer club machines after they signed up with Microsoft"
>
> So, OpenSUSE was fine at minute 0, but at minute 1 it wasn't fine
> because Novell - which had actually open-sourced 100% of SUSE Pro - made
> a deal with Microsoft.
>
> Gotcha.

These Linux people are fanatics.
They really are.

What kind of a nut removes perfectly functioning software just because
of some ideological, religious reason?

It's kooky.

>> And it's truly amazing that Roy couldn't get Skype working but yet Linux
>> solutions worked fine right away.
>>
>> Sure.....
>

> "All the Linux SIP clients found the cams fine...
> same for Tim...
> SIp apps correctly get his cam...
> Skype doesn't...
> Skype is rubbish for it ...
> Good match for the Vole :-)...
> Shoddy software since acquisition"
>
> heh!
>
> This is the moron who for the longest time accepted money to run ads for
> proprietary software on his anti-MS hate site.

> Read his real experiences with OSS crapware here:
>
> http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2011/05/22/making-techbytes/

That reads like a horror novel.

Those boobs trying to make a simple podcast is like watching the
Keystone Cops trying to stop a freight train carrying the stolen
"goods".

They make themselves look childish and unbelievable when they start up
stuff like none of my cameras worked with Skype but everyone worked
perfectly with Linux.

What were they models from 1994?
That's probably the part they are leaving out.

Bilk's experience with the Linux versions, sip etc, is more common.
He had a lot of trouble making it work.

Goblin

May 24, 2011, 1:17:50 PM5/24/11

looking past yet again your obsession with Roy and your repeated bring
him up.....wow....you've discovered an opinion and you've also
highlighted perfectly that the #techrights channel have many diverse
views....your stalking and monitoring doesn't extend to the discussion
me and Gordon had with Twitter re: free software does it? Why not?

Yes I do praise Skype, Roy is right. The fact that Microsoft has
acquired it has not changed the product or service (yet). If the
service remains the same it will continue to be praised and if its
improved the praise will be there too.

Another fail Flatfish again showing the depth of monitoring you engage
in on anything related to Roy.

--
Openbytes the Linux/FOSS Blogazine! - http://www.openbytes.tk
"Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui."