Antenna

Shastri

Jan 3, 2005, 5:37:44 PM1/3/05
HI everyone,
I was trying to build an antenna in C++. I don't know
where to start. can anyone help me?? if there is some code that would
be even better. I don't care about the type of antenna as long as it
communicates.
THanks
Shastri

Phlip

Jan 3, 2005, 11:54:44 PM1/3/05
Shastri wrote:

> I was trying to build an antenna in C++. I don't know
> where to start. can anyone help me?? if there is some code that would
> be even better. I don't care about the type of antenna as long as it
> communicates.

Antennae are hardware. C++ is software. You have an insurmountable problem
with the fundamental nature of your toolset.

But it might be possible...

--
Phlip

Robert Klemme

Jan 4, 2005, 11:15:24 AM1/4/05

"Phlip" <phli...@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Shastri wrote:
>
>> I was trying to build an antenna in C++. I don't know
>> where to start. can anyone help me?? if there is some code that would
>> be even better. I don't care about the type of antenna as long as it
>> communicates.
>
> Antennae are hardware. C++ is software. You have an insurmountable problem
> with the fundamental nature of your toolset.
>
> But it might be possible...

A German computer magazine posted a software solution that could turn the
mouse chord into a radio antenna once.**

Regards

robert

** It was in an April issue...

:-)

Shastri

Jan 5, 2005, 4:12:54 PM1/5/05
Hello,
I know its not trivial. But what i wanted to do is create a
class in C++ named antenna. I would treat that as an object and write
the functionality to it. Is there any way that it could communicate??
Thanks for the earlier reply
Shastri

CTGuy67

Jan 25, 2005, 3:30:09 PM1/25/05
Maybe you should try to build a VB dish with Java coax you'll get more
channels...I did!

humm...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2005, 3:35:36 PM1/25/05

YES! Excellent solution.

For added functionality you can use ASP.TIVO to inherit specific
programming to disk. That way you won't lose data while flushing the
thread, or dumping the stack.

CTGuy67

Jan 25, 2005, 4:11:05 PM1/25/05
Have they released ASP.TIVO.NET as a webservice yet?

Shawn

Jan 25, 2005, 5:08:51 PM1/25/05
http://vito.sfarkas.net/TiVo/NowPlaying is running as an ASP.Net 1.1
HttpHandler communicating with TiVo 7.1 :-)

HateKick

Jan 25, 2005, 6:02:03 PM1/25/05

You can do that in HTML. Why use C++ for that?

Message has been deleted

i8246i

Jan 26, 2005, 6:32:40 PM1/26/05

Are you confusing hardware with software? Or are you attempting to
make a virtual sketch of an antenna?

topmind

Jan 26, 2005, 8:25:51 PM1/26/05
>> I was trying to build an antenna in C++.
>> I don't know where to start.

> Antennae are hardware. C++ is software. You

> have an insurmountable problem
> with the fundamental nature of your toolset.

I know the feeling. I tried to build a girlfriend
once using Pascal :-)

-T-

Robert C. Martin

Jan 27, 2005, 9:03:34 AM1/27/05
On 5 Jan 2005 13:12:54 -0800, "Shastri" <sas...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>I know its not trivial. But what i wanted to do is create a
>class in C++ named antenna. I would treat that as an object and write
>the functionality to it. Is there any way that it could communicate??
>Thanks for the earlier reply

If you created a mathematical model of the geometry and
electromagnetic properties of the antenna; and a mathematical model of
the electromagnetic environment that the antenna was in, then you
could subdivide space into a set of tiny three dimensional cubes and
apply Maxwell's laws in each cube. (This is called Finite Element
Analysis, or "Meshing"). In each cube (or finite element) you could
calculate how the electromagnetic environment in that cube induced
currents in the antenna in that cube.

There's probably more to it than this; but it's a way to start. I
suppose there are books on the topic of Finite Element Analysis.

-----
Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob) | email: uncl...@objectmentor.com
Object Mentor Inc. | blog: www.butunclebob.com
The Agile Transition Experts | web: www.objectmentor.com
800-338-6716

"The aim of science is not to open the door to infinite wisdom,
but to set a limit to infinite error."
-- Bertolt Brecht, Life of Galileo

rgonzale

Jan 27, 2005, 10:04:14 AM1/27/05
So in summary, you could certainly make a working antenna in C++, and
use it to listen to radio stations. The only hitch is that these radio
stations would have to be software models, "broadcasting" in the same
software simulation of the electromagnetic environment around Earth.
Since you'd have to supply the music for these stations yourself, you
may as well bypass the whole thing and just listen to your iPod
directly.

jac...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2005, 4:48:09 PM1/28/05
o.()

Shastri: That isn't possible. Is this a joke?

a...@deydas.com

Jan 30, 2005, 12:57:58 PM1/30/05
Is this somewhere near: http://www.codeproject.com/system/winradio.asp.
You got to have some form of hardware to receive the signal I guess.
-Abhishek.
http://deydas.com/

aro...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2005, 7:46:22 PM1/31/05
int main( int argc, char **argv )
{
const int STRONG_ENOUGH = 1000000;
int signal = 0;
while( signal < STRONG_ENOUGH )
{
signal++;
}

return 0;
}

SamuraiCat

Feb 3, 2005, 11:11:02 AM2/3/05

Robert C. Martin wrote:
> On 5 Jan 2005 13:12:54 -0800, "Shastri" <sas...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If you created a mathematical model of the geometry and
> electromagnetic properties of the antenna;
>
> There's probably more to it than this; but it's a way to start. I
> suppose there are books on the topic of Finite Element Analysis.

I can do this in 3 easy steps....
A) Google on antenna builders (not end sales, though you might have to
find an point of sale location to get a brand name and track back from
there)
B) Contact service/support, request Azimuth/Elevation db/range tables
to evaluate if the antenna will work for you application...
C) load and use the data in table lookups in C/C++ use interpolation
between points... name the routine that looks up the information
"piecewise linear approximation" to make it sound more complicated than
it is....

Just me,
Jeff