Emails message doenot reaches to destination in windows 2003

abhay lakkad

Dec 1, 2004, 4:29:26 AM12/1/04

Hi all,
I am using the asp.net and sending the automatic email messages, my
program
and settings are worked fine at my local pc which is having 2000 server
but
when i upload the application on 2003 server, the email messages are
not sen
t, no error comes, although if message is successfully delivered i
shown a m
essage "seuuessfully sent" that also shown at 2003 server , but the
message
could not delivered. I did the relay settings in virtual SMTP server.
What e
lse is the problem.

Please ans me ASAP and thanks in advance !

--
abhay lakkad

Ingo Freund

Dec 1, 2004, 11:12:59 AM12/1/04
abhay lakkad schrieb:

> Hi all,
> I am using the asp.net and sending the automatic email messages, my
> program
> and settings are worked fine at my local pc which is having 2000
> server but
> when i upload the application on 2003 server, the email messages are
> not sen
> t, no error comes, although if message is successfully delivered i
> shown a m
> essage "seuuessfully sent" that also shown at 2003 server , but the
> message
> could not delivered. I did the relay settings in virtual SMTP server.
> What e
> lse is the problem.
>
> Please ans me ASAP and thanks in advance !

are you sure you are using sendmail on your w2k3 machine?

-Ingo.

abhay lakkad

Dec 2, 2004, 4:19:58 AM12/2/04

Yes,
I am sure abt that. Also all the messages are now saved in the folder
c:\inetpub\mailroot\queue insted of reaching at the addressee....

Reply me ASAP

abhay lakkad

Jeff Rife

Dec 3, 2004, 1:24:24 PM12/3/04
abhay lakkad (abhay.lak...@mail.webservertalk.com) wrote in comp.mail.sendmail:

> Yes,
> I am sure abt that.

No, you *aren't* sure about that.

> Also all the messages are now saved in the folder
> c:\inetpub\mailroot\queue insted of reaching at the addressee....

This is describing the IIS SMTP component, not sendmail. Try another
newsgroup.

--
Jeff Rife |
SPAM bait: | http://www.nabs.net/Cartoons/OverTheHedge/BrokenInternet02.gif