Moving Pegasus to a new computer?

Steve

Jun 30, 2010, 2:18:39 AM6/30/10
I got a new pc running win 7. I moved my mail folder to this computer
by copying it. The pegasus program is in another folder.
Do I need to reinstall pegasus on this new computer? If not how can I
run it? (I have trid both so far unsucessfuly. And in any case how can
I get pegasus to see my old email and settings?

Nil

Jun 30, 2010, 12:23:56 PM6/30/10
On 30 Jun 2010, Steve <abe...@gmail.com> wrote in
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

You don't give us any clue about what your problem is, so it's not
possible to address that.

If you can maintain the exact same directory structure for both the
program and mail data, you should be able to just copy the old
installation over to the new computer and go. However, if it's
installed in the Program Files folder, you may have have trouble with
Window's User Access Control (UAC) feature. It will likely not allow
you to create a folder there, or prevent you from writing files there.
But if your current installation is in some place like c:\PMAIL, just
copy it and go.

Michael in der Wiesche

Jul 4, 2010, 5:46:52 PM7/4/10

See <http://community.pmail.com/forums/post/23108.aspx> for possible