Address book entries "Unknown"?

Dilip

Nov 26, 2010, 1:16:43 PM11/26/10
Pegasus Mail (4.5.2 on Windows 7 64-bit) had been up and working just
fine for at least a day or so, as usual, and was working fine. I was
gone for some time with Pegasus Mail in disconnected mode. When I
reconnected, no mail would be sent out (and I think received), but
rather new messages were kept enqueued.

I let it go overnight (disconnected), thinking there may be a mail
server problem. Now, the next day, I couldn't receive or send email. I
checked and could get to my email server and read and send email via
web.

So I closed Pegasus Mail and re-opened it. Now I can receive but still
not send mail. Worse, F6 works to give me my distribution lists, but
F3 generates a pause, then a number of "Unknown" address books,
followed by a few of my address books that look okay. My main address
book is one of the ones no longer shown. What did I likely do wrong
and what remedy might there be? Thanks!

Dilip

Nil

Nov 26, 2010, 1:33:41 PM11/26/10
On 26 Nov 2010, Dilip <bar...@jhu.edu> wrote in
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

Have you rebooted the computer since? Maybe you've got a phantom
instance of pmail running in the background.

Maybe some of the startup and config files have become corrupted.
Examine PMAIL.INI and HIERARCH.PM with a text viewer - maybe you'll see
some obviously wrong characters and formatting.

Try exporting your address book to a text file. If that looks OK, try
creating a new address book and importing it back in. You can then
delete the original address book, which might be corrupt.

Dilip

Nov 27, 2010, 6:14:55 AM11/27/10
Rebooting did the trick! Thanks.

Dilip