Use TTK Styles to Change Entire Button Background Rather than Just the Border on XPNative Theme?

Sue

Sep 20, 2011, 2:31:52 PM9/20/11
I saw a post where someone edited the elements and style layout on an
entry to change the behavior. I was wondering if there is a way to
use elements to change the behavior of the XPNative theme for TButton
style? When you set the background color, it only sets the border on
the button for XPNative. I would like the entire background to be
set. Is this impossible or can a new style with newly defined
elements fix this to work as expected for this theme?

Thank you for any help or clarification in advance.

Pat Thoyts

Oct 4, 2011, 6:53:59 AM10/4/11
See http://paste.tclers.tk/2534 and an earlier version
at http://paste.tclers.tk/43

Sue

Oct 5, 2011, 1:02:35 PM10/5/11
On Oct 4, 6:53 am, Pat Thoyts <pattho...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
Pat thank you for the example. I am having trouble finding
documentation on editing the styles and creating new elements. I am
trying to understand the argument layout for the style and element
create commands. Do you have a recommendation for documentation or is
there a summary somewhere of these commands? I have seen other code
written by you that creates and applies new elements. But I am having
trouble following how you know which options are available.

Thanks again.

Pat Thoyts

Oct 6, 2011, 10:31:57 AM10/6/11
I introspect using the command interpreter and look at the Tk sourcecode
in generic/ttk and library/ttk a lot.

--
Pat Thoyts http://www.patthoyts.tk/
PGP fingerprint 2C 6E 98 07 2C 59 C8 97 10 CE 11 E6 04 E0 B9 DD