Ann: Browser & Application Automation library for Gambit

AndrewW

Feb 26, 2009, 4:59:10 PM2/26/09
Readers may be interested to learn that I've released a library for
Gambit on Windows for automating browser and application testing and
scripting at :-

http://code.google.com/p/win-control/

The library is inspired by the popular Watir package for Ruby which is
widely used for automating the testing of web applications. Win-
control provides the same facility for Gambit and doubtless could be
ported to other Scheme implementations. Additionally Win-control
allows for the automating of ordinary native Windows applications
making it more useful for scripting common Windows tasks. Here's a
flavour of what you can do with it :-

(load "win-control")
(load "win-control-macros")

(with-new-browser "http://www.google.co.uk"
(enter-text
(with-new-window "calc.exe"
(click-button "6")
(click-button "*")
(click-button "7")
(click-button "=")
(get-entered-text position: 1))
position: 1)
(click-button "I'm Feeling Lucky")
(assert-exists "Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything")
(display "All is well.")
)

Many thanks to all the regulars on this group who have helped me with
my various Scheme questions over the last few months whilst I've been
learning.

Andrew

AndrewW

Mar 7, 2009, 11:53:22 AM3/7/09
As an update, I've now updated the code to version 0.2 to improve
performance and to fix a bug with reading tables from HTML pages. I've
also added the Reference Guide to the Wiki pages which I hope to
complete over the next few days.

Regards

Andrew