Current R6RS implementations

Eduardo Cavazos

Apr 10, 2010, 12:55:14 AM4/10/10
Hello,

Here's a list of the R6RS Schemes that I know about:

http://gist.github.com/341044

So that's eight that are currently out there. With Guile, it may soon
be nine. And the Gambit/R6RS project looks promising too.

Question... are there any others out there?

So far, we're heavy on the native code compilers (Chez, Larceny,
Ikarus). No Scheme-to-C based systems have shown up. It's big in Japan
(Ypsilon, Mosh, Biwa). I'm looking forward to a JVM based
implementation; Leppie is taking care of .Net (IronScheme).

Ed

marcomaggi

Apr 10, 2010, 1:38:26 AM4/10/10
On Apr 10, 6:55 am, Eduardo Cavazos <wayo.cava...@gmail.com> wrote:
> And the Gambit/R6RS project looks promising too.

Unfortunately, it is my understanding that this is abandonware.
--
Marco Maggi

Eduardo Cavazos

Apr 10, 2010, 1:56:10 AM4/10/10
On Apr 10, 12:38 am, marcomaggi <mrc....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, it is my understanding that this is abandonware.

It's been updated throughout 2010 and last updated about a week ago.
See the darcs repository for details.

Ed

Marek Kubica

Apr 10, 2010, 6:50:53 PM4/10/10
On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 21:55:14 -0700 (PDT)
Eduardo Cavazos <wayo.c...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's big in Japan (Ypsilon, Mosh, Biwa).

I wouldn't praise Biwa that much, as far as I have seen they plan for
R6RS, but they don't even have syntax-rules. I wouldn't consider
it a practically usable implementation just yet.

regards,
Marek

William D Clinger

Apr 14, 2010, 9:38:17 AM4/14/10
Eduardo Cavazos wrote:
> Here's a list of the R6RS Schemes that I know about:
>
> So far, we're heavy on the native code compilers (Chez, Larceny,
> Ikarus). No Scheme-to-C based systems have shown up.

Petit Larceny is a Scheme-to-C system. See http://www.larcenists.org/

Will