SOAP Server WSDL generation

Patrick Hurley

Mar 29, 2005, 9:56:15 AM3/29/05
I have successfully (not that it was at all difficult) setup a ruby
SOAP client and server, but in both cases I had to "prime the pump"
with the methods and their parameters. So I have two questions:

Using ruby soap, can the server "auto discover" the methods in a
particular class and expose them? A first cut of this would be
trivial; however, given the highly dynamic way ruby classes can handle
their parameters the guess would sometimes not be the best fit.

The second harder question is if a ruby SOAP server can generate a
WSDL either automatically or with some help (possibly having to
provide SOAP types for various parameters).

Thanks
Patrick

leon breedt

Mar 29, 2005, 6:18:16 PM3/29/05
On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:56:15 +0900, Patrick Hurley <phu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The second harder question is if a ruby SOAP server can generate a
> WSDL either automatically or with some help (possibly having to
> provide SOAP types for various parameters).
ActionWebService in Rails does WSDL generation (RPC-style).

http://manuals.rubyonrails.com/read/book/10

It does require annotation to indicate method parameter and return
value types (don't think you can get around that in Ruby).

HTH,
Leon