Embarrassing question -

Christopher Rose

Jul 18, 2006, 1:18:44 PM7/18/06
Aren't people a little embarrassed that the search facility of these
forums is broken? Just asking - it sure would be helpful -

Chris

Tim Becker

Jul 18, 2006, 1:35:35 PM7/18/06
On 7/18/06, Christopher Rose <cro...@agere.com> wrote:
> Aren't people a little embarrassed that the search facility of these
> forums is broken? Just asking - it sure would be helpful -

Aren't people embarassed when they realize this isn't a forum but a
mailing list? I guess if I'd have written the mail gateway and search
wasn't implemented yet, I'd just drop the "search" button that links
to a page saying search isn't implemented, but it's a matter of taste.

Anyway, the list is mirrored in several places and you can just use
google to search it. Or here:
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/ruby/ruby-talk/index.shtml Or subscribe
to the list and search through your mails.

-tim

Justin Collins

Jul 18, 2006, 1:36:13 PM7/18/06
Christopher Rose wrote:
> Aren't people a little embarrassed that the search facility of these
> forums is broken? Just asking - it sure would be helpful -
>
> Chris

The person to contact is Andreas Schwarz - ruby-...@andreas-s.net.

-Justin

BreadW...@fractious.net

Jul 18, 2006, 1:56:17 PM7/18/06
"Tim Becker" <a280...@gmail.com> writes:

> On 7/18/06, Christopher Rose <cro...@agere.com> wrote:
> > Aren't people a little embarrassed that the search facility of these
> > forums is broken? Just asking - it sure would be helpful -
>
> Aren't people embarassed when they realize this isn't a forum but a
> mailing list? I guess if I'd have written the mail gateway and search

And gatewayed into a usenet newsgroup. Which Google gives one
easy searchign access for. (not that I actually read usenet
via google normally. but it's helpful for search)

Here, try this:

<http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/browse_thread/thread/5b2656402d290589/3048da52abd53cb7#3048da52abd53cb7>

No HTML in E-Mail! -- http://www.expita.com/nomime.html