ANNOUNCE: GNU Prolog 1.0.0

Daniel Diaz

Apr 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/19/99
GNU Prolog 1.0.0 is available.

For detailed information consult the GNU Prolog web site:

http://pauillac.inria.fr/~diaz/gnu-prolog.

A general GNU web page (less detailed however) is available at:

http://www.gnu.org/software/prolog

Here are some basic information about GNU Prolog:

GNU Prolog is a free Prolog compiler with constraint solving over finite
domains developed by Daniel Diaz.

GNU Prolog accepts Prolog+constraint programs and produces native binaries
(like gcc does from a C source). The obtained executable is then
stand-alone. The size of this executable can be quite small since GNU Prolog
can avoid to link the code of most unused built-in predicates. The
performances of GNU Prolog are very encouraging (comparable to commercial
systems).

Beside the native-code compilation, GNU Prolog offers a classical interactive
interpreter (top-level) with a debugger.

The Prolog part conforms to the ISO standard for Prolog with many extensions
very useful in practice (DCG, global variables, OS interface, sockets,...).

GNU Prolog also includes an efficient constraint solver over Finite Domains
(FD). This opens contraint logic pogramming to the user combining the power
of constraint programming to the declarativity of logic programming.

Daniel Diaz
University of Paris 1 INRIA Rocquencourt
75013 Paris 78153 Le Chesnay Cedex
FRANCE FRANCE
email: Danie...@inria.fr

Noord G.J.M. van

Apr 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/19/99
Daniel Diaz (Danie...@inria.fr) wrote:
> GNU Prolog 1.0.0 is available.
> For detailed information consult the GNU Prolog web site:
> http://pauillac.inria.fr/~diaz/gnu-prolog.

Supported Platforms

* SunOS / sparc
* Solaris / sparc
* GNU/Linux / ix86

could you tell us what plans exist to extend the number of platforms?

Daniel Diaz

Apr 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/19/99

In article <7ffufa$hv6$1...@syn.let.rug.nl>, vann...@let.rug.nl (Noord G.J.M. van) writes:
|> Supported Platforms
|>
|> * SunOS / sparc
|> * Solaris / sparc
|> * GNU/Linux / ix86
|>
|> could you tell us what plans exist to extend the number of platforms?

In a first time I'd like to have a version for WinXX and for Dec alpha.

If someone is interested in porting GNU Prolog for a given machine I would be
happy to collaborate with him.