PLIsp rides again (again)

Ron Garret

Jun 14, 2008, 10:00:39 PM6/14/08
OMFG, you would not believe all the problems I've had trying to get a
disk image off this stupid PLisp disk. Some day I'll write it all up in
a blog entry. But for now...

I am pleased to announce the availability of a PLisp disk image:

http://www.flownet.com/ron/PLisp.dsk

(You'll probably want to use wget or curl to snarf it. My server
doesn't send the correct mime type for .dsk files and I'm too beat to
fix it right now.)

Stick it in your favorite Apple ][ emulator (I'm using Virtual ][) and
revel in the horror that was personal computing twenty seven years ago.

NOTE: This is not a complete image of the original PLisp disk. I have
not yet been able to extract that. The way I made this image was by
dump, capturing the result in a terminal program, cutting and pasting
that into Virtual ][, and saving that into a new disk image. The
original disk has a lot of demo code on it, including Eliza and a Towers
of Hanoi demo complete with graphics. If you want that, well, you'll
either have to wait until I figure out how to get ADTPro to work on OSX,
or you can mail me a 5-1/4 inch floppy with a SASE and I'll make a copy
for you. Or, if you have a working ADTPro setup and are willing to send
me a copy of the disk image I'll send you one of my copies.

Enjoy!

rg

quot...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2008, 12:47:08 AM6/15/08