What a difference three and a half years (plus a week) makes?

David Mark

May 11, 2011, 12:19:24 PM5/11/11
What a difference three and a half years (plus a week) makes?

http://appendto.com/blog/2011/05/jquery-16-release-executive-brief

"BREAKING CHANGE: Separating DOM Attributes and Properties

This change is really hard to understand..."

It's not hard to understand (unless you have had your head in the sand
for the last few years).

"...because up until now jQuery handled all this for you without the
need for you to think about it."

No it didn't. They didn't think about it, so they remained oblivious
to the issues.

"Typically, one would handle attributes and properties identically."

No, one wouldn't (unless one was completely ignorant about basic DOM
operations).

http://www.cinsoft.net/attributes.html

Tried to clue the "executives" in, but they censored my comment. And
one of them Tweeted about his "hatred" for *me*. Odd considering how
closely they follow my lead. How does the saying go? First they
laugh, then they fight, then you win. :)