What's an error 80000000a???

Geoff Smith

Mar 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/20/00
I'm trying to re-write the contents of a <span> and when I do so via a
JavaScript function call embedded in a link it works. But when I call the
function directly I get the message

"could not complete the operation due to error 80000000a"

(IE only)

Any idea what it's telling me?

Thor Larholm

Mar 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/20/00
Have you previously cleared the span through spanName.outerHTML = '' ?

Then the span doesn't exist anymore internally in the browser, and you can't
even use typeof to check wether it exists, as the spans type wil be
"unknown"

--

With kind regards
Thor Larholm