Wednus DHTML RPG engine and demo game, 'Haru ki'

sundew

Jul 26, 2005, 8:17:51 AM7/26/05

Here I am presenting you the new Wednus proj. subtree, Wednus DHTML RPG
engine, or just 'Wednus RPG' with a demo game using the engine.
About the engine itself, since this DHTML game engine designed in
generic manner, it can be used for the games other than RPG genre as
well. (could be easier). By using this engine, anyone can make their
own DHTML games w/ half an hour of simple scripting.

and about the demo game, the name of the first demo RPG game is 'Haru
ki', and although I only tested this demo on Mozilla and IE, as I'm
securing the philosophy of Wednus project, this program will also
support all other browsers what Wednus Window currently supports
including Opera and KHTML based browsers before it become officially
released.

This demo contains 6 stages and all served by a single page loading. I
have scripted it in only three short js files which of each defines,
stage sets, creatures and conversations.. For the first time, it would
take few minutes for loading images, and that's it.
click: toggle status graphs
dblclick: creature properties & part of behavior definitions

currently I'm looking for people who want to invest on this project for
further development. if you have time, (game)idea, graphic skills, or
money, then join me. it will be fun. btw, any feedbacks will be
grateful. please drop few lines at:
http://wednus.com/imod/viewtopic.php?t=606

thank you. and hope you enjoy this game.

demo: http://wednus.com/wednus_rpg/applications/wayHome/
(screenshots in album section of http://wednus.com)

p.s: I've used sprite images that I could get some website, and I
really wanna know about the original game. does anyone know the name
of the game?? thanks in advance.

Sundew Shin
Wednus Project
Developer/Manager
http://wednus.com

--
sundew
sundew's Profile: http://www.highdots.com/forums/member.php?userid=89

Kevin Newman

Jul 26, 2005, 12:54:17 PM7/26/05
I just wanted to say that this is awesome! Great graphics too.

Kevin N.

sundew

Jul 27, 2005, 11:29:12 AM7/27/05

thank you Kevin. I appreciate your comment.

Ian Osgood

Jul 27, 2005, 1:02:35 PM7/27/05

Looks very nice with smooth animation, but there is no explanation
about the interface. Are mouse clicks supposed to do anything? (Using
Safari 1.3, which is KHTML based.)

sundew

Jul 27, 2005, 2:56:45 PM7/27/05

I apologize for not preparing any game instructions.
please understand the nature of this demo. it is designed for the
Wednus RPG engine development. I couldn't spend enough time to adjust
the parameters for smooth gaming experience. .. as you see, I
definitly need help from others.

currenly, 'click' on creature toggles(show/hide) the status graph, and
'double click' is for seeing other parameters of the creature, and it's
implemented for debugging purpose.

I haven't tested this demo on Safari or any other KHTML based browsers.
If you couldn't see anything happen when you clicked one of cretures,
then there might be some compatibility issue. thank you for letting me
know.

Ian Osgood

Jul 27, 2005, 4:47:16 PM7/27/05

Yep, both of those work in Safari. Cool demo!