Microsoft JScript site is down

VK

Dec 18, 2005, 10:49:51 AM12/18/05
Something *big* is cooking: the entire Microsoft JScript section is
down:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/js56jslrfjscriptlanguagereference.asp>

Separate pages on this section were appearing / disappearing over the
last week (like XMLHttpRequest article appeared / got unavailable /
disappeared).

Now the entire site section is locked (for a complete rewriting?). Do
not recall anything like that since IE 3.0

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Dec 18, 2005, 12:22:17 PM12/18/05
VK wrote:

> Something *big* is cooking: the entire Microsoft JScript section is
> down:

<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/js56jslrfjscriptlanguagereference.asp>

Good morning.

PointedEars

Julian Turner

Dec 19, 2005, 2:54:38 AM12/19/05

VK wrote:

> Something *big* is cooking: the entire Microsoft JScript section is
> down:
> <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/js56jslrfjscriptlanguagereference.asp>

[snip]

It is back-up now, as far as I can tell.

<URL:http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/script56/html/c0abc33e-5ebf-4e83-8a08->

Julian Turner

Randy Webb

Dec 19, 2005, 5:56:43 AM12/19/05
Julian Turner said the following on 12/19/2005 2:54 AM:

Down for me at the moment.

--
Randy

Julian Turner

Dec 19, 2005, 7:16:42 AM12/19/05

Randy Webb wrote:

> Julian Turner said the following on 12/19/2005 2:54 AM:
> > VK wrote:
> >

> >>Something *big* is cooking: the entire Microsoft JScript section is
> >>down:
> >><http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/js56jslrfjscriptlanguagereference.asp>
> >

> > [snip]
> >
> > It is back-up now, as far as I can tell.
> >
> > <URL:http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/script56/html/c0abc33e-5ebf-4e83-8a08->
> >
> > Julian Turner
> >

> Down for me at the moment.

It seems to be a problem with their URL. If you go into the main MSDN
page and navigate through the index, you can get to JScript quite
easily: I have just done that now, and there are no problems.
However, if you try to create a direct link, then there seems to be a
problem.

I think Microsoft have changed something in the implementation of their
site which is causing the problem, and preventing deep linking.

Julian Turner

Julian Turner

Dec 19, 2005, 7:38:14 AM12/19/05

Julian Turner wrote:

[snip]

> It seems to be a problem with their URL.

Sorry, ignore all that URL rubblish I am spouting. Just me not cutting
and pasting properly:

<URL:http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/4af19f1b-1e9b-4116-beb6-6cde5d56947b.asp>

Julian Turner

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Dec 19, 2005, 8:41:04 AM12/19/05
Julian Turner wrote:

<URL:http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/4af19f1b-1e9b-4116-beb6-6cde5d56947b.asp>

Without scripting enabled and without frames, this will get you a nice
navigation menu ... and nothing more. I recommend to use the URL of the
content redirected to instead:

<URL:http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/script56/html/4af19f1b-1e9b-4116-beb6-6cde5d56947b.asp>

If scripting and frames are supported, the frameset is restored anyway.

PointedEars

Julian Turner

Dec 20, 2005, 4:17:34 AM12/20/05

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote: