jarsigner fails to rename

Sam Takoy

Aug 15, 2010, 6:48:23 PM8/15/10

I get this error (in XP)

jarsigner: attempt to rename MyApplet.jar to MyApplet.jar.orig failed

which is supposed to indicate that the jar is in use, but I know for
sure that it is not. For example, I can go in windows explorer and
delete it. And I'm not getting this problem with other jars. With this
jar, I get it 100% of the time until I go and delete it.

What might be going on here?

Thanks,

Sam

Roedy Green

Aug 15, 2010, 7:46:36 PM8/15/10
On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 18:48:23 -0400, Sam Takoy <sam....@yahoo.com>

>What might be going on here?

Does the account you are running under have rename privilege on that
directory?
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

You encapsulate not just to save typing, but more importantly, to make it easy and safe to change the code later, since you then need change the logic in only one place. Without it, you might fail to change the logic in all the places it occurs.

Sam Takoy

Aug 17, 2010, 2:39:49 AM8/17/10
On 8/15/2010 7:46 PM, Roedy Green wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 18:48:23 -0400, Sam Takoy<sam....@yahoo.com>
>
>> What might be going on here?
>
> Does the account you are running under have rename privilege on that
> directory?

yes.

Just as a (strange) followup, this problem does not occur when I use

"ant -v"

Any thoughts?

Sam Takoy

Aug 17, 2010, 2:46:31 AM8/17/10

Could it be that since I'm using ant, that the jar command that is
executed just before the jarsigner command still has a hold of that jar?