Java Adapter Pattern at Wikipedia

markspace

Sep 15, 2009, 4:36:19 PM9/15/09
I started a little work on the Java example of the Adapter pattern at
Wikipedia, because the original article seemed rather messy.

Would anyone else like to contribute? There seems to be a bit of an
impasse, so without some consensus I don't think I'll forge ahead.

Here's a link to the discussion page:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Adapter_pattern#Two_names.2C_one_code_.3F>

John B. Matthews

Sep 15, 2009, 9:28:22 PM9/15/09
In article <h8ots4$eam$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
markspace <nos...@nowhere.com> wrote:

A shorter example has merit, but your point about the need for main() is
cogent. Perhaps you could expand the LinkedListAdaptor slightly.

Your code is typically exemplary; I'd say forge ahead. If you get push
back, you can always link to <http://www.techdarwinia.com> or start a
"Design Patterns" topic <http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Java>.

The Python examples are perhaps too spartan.

--
John B. Matthews
trashgod at gmail dot com