load image from MS access to gui JFrame (jdbc)

sophia garg

Aug 6, 2009, 1:55:54 PM8/6/09
hello to all!!!
i am a fresher in java.so hope you all will be corporative with me.i
am creating an employee database using gui,,jdbc & ms access.so i am
able to store all employees information like salary,name,date of
birth,etc in access by entering data in my frame & also do the vice
versa(i.e. load data from the access &show it on frame).The only thing
i.e. bothering me is that i am not able to load and display employee's
images from the access to the JFrame.i have stored images in the
access database using ole datatype.but i dont know the code that i
should write in my program to load these images into JFrame.

any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
sophia

Sabine Dinis Blochberger

Aug 7, 2009, 4:49:56 AM8/7/09
sophia garg wrote:

> hello to all!!!
> i am a fresher in java.so hope you all will be corporative with me.i
> am creating an employee database using gui,,jdbc &

>ms access.

That would be a mistake. There is no JDBC driver for MS Access, and
plenty of pure Java alternatives, that can be embedded (no extra
installation for the customer).
<http://java-source.net/open-source/database-engines>

>so i am
> able to store all employees information like salary,name,date of
> birth,etc in access by entering data in my frame & also do the vice
> versa(i.e. load data from the access &show it on frame).The only thing
> i.e. bothering me is that i am not able to load and display employee's
> images from the access to the JFrame.i have stored images in the
> access database using ole datatype.but i dont know the code that i
> should write in my program to load these images into JFrame.

OLE <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object_Linking_and_Embedding> means
that not the actual picture is embedded, but a link.

You'd better use a BLOB
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_large_object> field.

Also, did you have a specific question?

--
Op3racional - www.op3racional.eu
---------------------

David Postill

Aug 7, 2009, 7:26:57 AM8/7/09

In article <l-6dnceFSMYrd-bX...@novis.pt>, on Fri, 07 Aug

2009 09:49:56 +0100, Sabine Dinis Blochberger wrote:

| sophia garg wrote:
|
| > hello to all!!!
| > i am a fresher in java.so hope you all will be corporative with me.i
| > am creating an employee database using gui,,jdbc &
|
| >ms access.
|
| That would be a mistake. There is no JDBC driver for MS Access, and

Really?

<http://developers.sun.com/product/jdbc/drivers> lists 23 different JDBC
drivers supporting MS Access.

--
David Postill
Dance your Life - Biodanza in Holland - <http://www.danceyourlife.eu>

Sabine Dinis Blochberger

Aug 7, 2009, 7:58:07 AM8/7/09
David Postill wrote:

> In article <l-6dnceFSMYrd-bX...@novis.pt>, on Fri, 07 Aug
> 2009 09:49:56 +0100, Sabine Dinis Blochberger wrote:
>
> | sophia garg wrote:
> |
> | > hello to all!!!
> | > i am a fresher in java.so hope you all will be corporative with me.i
> | > am creating an employee database using gui,,jdbc &
> |
> | >ms access.
> |
> | That would be a mistake. There is no JDBC driver for MS Access, and
>
> Really?
>
> <http://developers.sun.com/product/jdbc/drivers> lists 23 different JDBC
> drivers supporting MS Access.

Allright, I have been corrected. It's still a bad idea (TM). <g>