gcc compiler

Gergo Barany

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00
Rich D <yrd...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> anybody know where to download a gcc compiler for dos/windows?
> I have seach the web but all I am getting is gcc compiler for unix which
> is a tar file...

Section 18.3 of the comp.lang.c FAQ answers your question. The FAQ can
be found at http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html or the usual
places like ftp://rtfm.mit.edu and http://www.faqs.org.

Gergo

--
Either I'm dead or my watch has stopped.
-- Groucho Marx's last words

Ioannis Vranos

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00
www.bloodshed.net/dev

If it is off line download the files directly from
http://members.xoom.com/noicys/devcpp

"Rich D" <yrd...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

nick

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00

Ioannis Vranos wrote in <39845...@news2.prserv.net>:

>www.bloodshed.net/dev
>
>If it is off line download the files directly from
>http://members.xoom.com/noicys/devcpp

Just use caution, as the site belongs to someone quite proud of
their ability to create "trojans"
--
regards,

nick

-hs-

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00
Rich D a écrit dans le message <398441F8...@hotmail.com>...

>anybody know where to download a gcc compiler for dos/windows?
>I have seach the web but all I am getting is gcc compiler for unix which
>is a tar file...

You have DJGPP, the DOS port of gcc at:
www.delorie.com

--
-hs- Tabs out, spaces in.
ISO-C Library: http://www.dinkum.com/htm_cl

nick

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00
nick wrote in <8F8173486...@24.66.95.16>:

Sorry to be following up to my own OT post, however...

>Ioannis Vranos wrote in <39845...@news2.prserv.net>:
>
>>www.bloodshed.net/dev

The above is the official site.

>>If it is off line download the files directly from
>>http://members.xoom.com/noicys/devcpp

This is the site I referred to below.

>Just use caution, as the site belongs to someone quite proud
>of their ability to create "trojans"

Apologies if misinterpreted.

--
regards,

nick

Dreamer in the Temple

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00
> >anybody know where to download a gcc compiler for dos/windows?
> >I have seach the web but all I am getting is gcc compiler for unix which
> >is a tar file...
>
> You have DJGPP, the DOS port of gcc at:
> www.delorie.com

Should you choose to use DJGPP, any DJGPP-related questions should be posted to
comp.os.msdos.djgpp, NOT comp.lang.c. There is also a FAQ available with
DJGPP, I suggest you read it before posting any questions to c.o.m.djgpp.
Thank you.

There are also several ports of GCC to Windows, such as MingW and EGCS.
Bloodshed is just a wrapper with an IDE. Yay... real men use Makefiles.

--
Andrew J

"This is a wonderful answer. It's off-topic, it's incorrect, and it doesn't
answer the question." - Richard Heathfield in c.l.c, 00/07

Rick Dearman

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00
Rich D <yrd...@hotmail.com> writes:

> anybody know where to download a gcc compiler for dos/windows?
> I have seach the web but all I am getting is gcc compiler for unix which
> is a tar file...

http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/download.html (Cygwin)
http://www.delorie.com ( DJGPP GCC/GPP GNU 32 bit C/C++ compiler )

You should also look at the announcement on the www.redhat.com site
about the release of the Cygwin IDE as freeware.

--
+ Rick Dearman, rd...@egomaniacs.net.nospam
+---------------------------------------------

Rich D

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00

Ioannis Vranos

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
"nick" <ens...@home.com> wrote in message

> >If it is off line download the files directly from
> >http://members.xoom.com/noicys/devcpp
> >

> Just use caution, as the site belongs to someone quite proud of
> their ability to create "trojans"

If you go to this site you will see the "educational trojan"
source code posted there dude. I am not posting exes of my code
though. Of course you know it, and of course you want to defame
my web site. You probably are doing it because you do not like my
existence here. You wanted to be free to insult anyone you want,
and behaving like this newsgroup is your kitchen.
But fortunately now, you will sit back and start behaving
properly and politely. :)

Ioannis

Ioannis Vranos

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
Also nick "dude", all the exe files have a link to my pages, ( i
had provided space to Colin because he had problems with his
ISP), these files have been put there by Colin himself. Of
course, you are a worm as you do not show us even your name.

Ioannis Vranos

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
Dear nick this is my last posting concerning the matter.

I am an official BETA tester of Dev-C++, and i have provided
space to my web site to hold the executables files of Dev-C++ in
assistance of Colin Laplace. This defamation you are doing of
course will be taken in consideration.

Ioannis

P.S.. I do not care if you are doing this from stupidity, it is a
chance you to evolve to something better.

--
* Usenet: Freedom of expression and discussion. Not a private
area.

nick

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
Ioannis Vranos wrote in <3984b...@news2.prserv.net>:

>Dear nick this is my last posting concerning the matter.

Hurrahs all around.

>I am an official BETA tester of Dev-C++, and i have provided
>space to my web site to hold the executables files of Dev-C++
>in assistance of Colin Laplace. This defamation you are doing
>of course will be taken in consideration.

*sigh* /You/ are the one you kept mentioning the trojans /you/
had written. As such, anything downloaded from /your/ site is
questionable. Yes, I saw the smileys after your trojan comments,
but as you also use them when insulting others, I chose to
ignore them.
I am aware of Colin's ISP problems, and hope he is able to
resolve it when he returns.
My comments were /not/ directed towards Dev-C++, or to Colin for
that matter. I wouldn't have responded to your download link at
all if it weren't for your trumpeting about trojans.

--
regards,

nick

Ioannis Vranos

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00

> *sigh* /You/ are the one you kept mentioning the trojans /you/
> had written. As such, anything downloaded from /your/ site is
> questionable. Yes, I saw the smileys after your trojan comments,
> but as you also use them when insulting others, I chose to
> ignore them.
> I am aware of Colin's ISP problems, and hope he is able to
> resolve it when he returns.
> My comments were /not/ directed towards Dev-C++, or to Colin for
> that matter. I wouldn't have responded to your download link at
> all if it weren't for your trumpeting about trojans.

So what, i wrote in C a program that erases all the files and directories
of a disk, AFTER YOU CONFIRM you want to do that. I made it mainly because
i wanted to test my skills on making the program to know exactly the exact
path of where it is (it stores the directory information in a data tree). I
have that code on line, for anyone who wants to study it. Have you checked
my site? And why you accuse me all the time? Did i harm you in any way or
insulted you? I don't think we have some personal or any other
disagreement. I have only some disagreements with 2-3 persons in here only,
who called me retard at my first posting in here, and who insult almost
anyoone who asks a "simple" C question, because they consider themeselves
Caesars. Well, Caesars in Usenet cannot exist. :) And that smiley is
friendly, although you pressure me. I consider the whole incident as a
misunderstandment and i forget it.
As for those mingw32 bugs i was reporting at the beginning in the mailing
list, it was because i was a beta tester and i reported anything i
considered bug (considering the fact that i was new in the language). It
was not defamation of course, only my bug (thought) reporting. Later, i
began to contact directly Colin. :)

Anyway, i have uploaded and an information page in the file area. If you
contact with anyone trying to find Dev-C++, send him to
http://members.xoom.com/noicys/dev directly, till Colin returns from his
vaccation and find a solution with his web site, e.t.c..

And do not make any assumption BEFORE you take a look to my pages. I would
NEVER harm anyone, i am a simple wanna be programmer. My main programming
pages: http://members.xoom.com/noicys

Keep coding,
Ioannis

P.S.. Also take a look at the photo gallery of the Prophets under the
section "People". :)

Ioannis Vranos

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
Correction, the correct address for Dev-C++ is:
http://members.xoom.com/noicys/devcpp/

--
* Usenet: Freedom of expression and discussion. Not a private area.

"Ioannis Vranos" <not@available> wrote in message

al

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00

"Rick Dearman" <rd...@egomaniacs.net.nospam> wrote in message
> http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/download.html (Cygwin)
> http://www.delorie.com ( DJGPP GCC/GPP GNU 32 bit C/C++ compiler )
>
> You should also look at the announcement on the www.redhat.com site
> about the release of the Cygwin IDE as freeware.

you wouldn't have the url for that would you.

searched the redhat site with no luck.

al

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00

"al" <al...@tig.spam..-sux.com.die.spammer.die.au> wrote in message

hate that. send a message and straight away find what your looking for
http://www.redhat.com/about/2000/press_sourcenav.html

Alex

AndrewJ

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
On this day Mon, 31 Jul 2000 04:34:21 +0300, some guy named "Ioannis Vranos"
<not@available> wrote:

> i am a simple wanna be programmer.

Shouldn't that read

"I am a simple minded wanna-be programmer, and I think I know everything,
refusing to accept criticism of my inaccuracies and blatantly spreading
disinformation about whatever topic catches my interest at the moment." ????
-------
AndrewJ

"Look, you just don't fit in and you are trying hard to keep it that way." -
Kaz Kylheku.

Ioannis Vranos

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
"AndrewJ" <lumin...@REMOVE.home.com> wrote in message

> "I am a simple minded wanna-be programmer, and I think I know
everything,
> refusing to accept criticism of my inaccuracies and blatantly
spreading
> disinformation about whatever topic catches my interest at the
moment." ????

Nope, i accept criticism, i do not tolerate insults (retard, e.t.c.).
But enough about myself, if you want more we can arrange an
interview. :))

Ioannis

Nick Keighley

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
In article <39860...@news2.prserv.net>,

"Ioannis Vranos" <not@available> wrote:
> "AndrewJ" <lumin...@REMOVE.home.com> wrote in message
>
> > "I am a simple minded wanna-be programmer, and I think I
> > know everything,refusing to accept criticism of my inaccuracies and

> > blatantly spreading disinformation about whatever topic catches my
> > interest at themoment." ????
>
> Nope, i accept criticism,

no. You do not.

> i do not tolerate insults (retard, e.t.c.).

but you are happy to use them on other people.

See sig.

--
"They consider console off topic, i consider them morons."
Ioannis Vranos (comp.lang.c)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.