[META] Moderation hand-off.

Peter Seebach

Apr 1, 2002, 2:30:54 PM4/1/02
Well, it's been a long seven years. For seven years, I've logged in almost
once a day, checked the mailbox, complained about spam (special kudos to
appsales.net for lying to Sprintlink's legal department and getting themselves
another two weeks of active spamming!), and approved posts, often even topical
ones.

I need a break. Luckily, I've successfully negotiated a changeover, and
the newsgroup will be in capable hands.

Your new moderator needs only a little introduction. He is a successful
and published book author. He is (or was fairly recently) a member of the
ANSI C committee. His name is legendary in the field, and he has had
correspondence with many of the luminaries of C standardization and writing.

Starting at 12:01 AM (GMT) on 04/02/2002, moderation will be being handled
by Herb Schildt. Let's all wish him good luck dealing with the spam. :)

-s
p.s.:
The FAQ probably needs to have the "return type of main" question changed if
it's gonna keep getting approved.
--
Copyright 2002, all wrongs reversed. Peter Seebach / se...@plethora.net
$ chmod a+x /bin/laden Please do not feed or harbor the terrorists.

Martin Ambuhl

Apr 1, 2002, 2:57:28 PM4/1/02
Peter Seebach wrote:

> Starting at 12:01 AM (GMT) on 04/02/2002, moderation will be being handled
> by Herb Schildt. Let's all wish him good luck dealing with the spam. :)

Well done! It's about time we recognized the importance of this seminal
writer on C. His creative improvements to the stodgy old standard must
be applauded.

--
It is better that the grammarians should chide us
than that the people should not understand us.

Keith Thompson

Apr 2, 2002, 1:19:41 AM4/2/02
se...@plethora.net (Peter Seebach) writes:
[...]

> Starting at 12:01 AM (GMT) on 04/02/2002, moderation will be being handled
> by Herb Schildt. Let's all wish him good luck dealing with the spam. :)

Does Herb have a high enough graphite content to be a good moderator?

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) k...@cts.com <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>