Fake Cisco

ttrot...@yahoo.com

Jun 15, 2006, 4:46:52 PM6/15/06
Has anybody found anything from Cisco on how to spot fake gear? Any
suggestions would be great. Thanks.

www.BradReese.Com

Jun 15, 2006, 5:33:59 PM6/15/06
There are a lot of ways to spot fake Cisco, with a too good to be true
low price being the very first one.

However, it is too dangerous to "publicly disclose" this information as
the counterfeiters will use it to "correct" their mistakes.

Should you have any information regarding counterfeit transactions you
may wish to offer a "confidential tip" to the Gray Market Trading and
Counterfeit Technology Sales Tip Line:

http://www.agmaglobal.org/tipline.html

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
BradReese.Com - Cisco Network Engineer Directory
http://www.bradreese.com/network-engineer-directory.htm
1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
International: 828-277-7272
Fax: 775-254-3558
AIM: R2MGrant
Website: http://www.bradreese.com/contact-us.htm

Doug McIntyre

Jun 15, 2006, 6:26:17 PM6/15/06
"ttrot...@yahoo.com" <ttrot...@yahoo.com> writes:
>Has anybody found anything from Cisco on how to spot fake gear? Any
>suggestions would be great. Thanks.

The fakes are pretty good. The price is your best consideration.

haydude

Jun 16, 2006, 6:05:12 AM6/16/06

ttrot...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Has anybody found anything from Cisco on how to spot fake gear? Any
> suggestions would be great. Thanks.

If the "fake", I would rather say CLONE gear works, and comes with a
warranty, and costs less, why do you care?

I think that it is about time Cisco enter the free market and start
charging their customers reasonable prices.

HD

Doug McIntyre

Jun 16, 2006, 6:20:47 PM6/16/06
"haydude" <hay...@alpensea.com> writes:
>ttrot...@yahoo.com wrote:
>> Has anybody found anything from Cisco on how to spot fake gear? Any
>> suggestions would be great. Thanks.

>If the "fake", I would rather say CLONE gear works, and comes with a
>warranty, and costs less, why do you care?

Because if you don't realize its fake and send it back to cisco for repair,
they may confiscate it and you'll be out the part, and the money spent
for it? I don't know of many people who 5-6 months down the road
remember where exactly they bought such-and-such card or memory stick..

I got stuck with some counterfeit Intel Ethernet cards that I paid normal
street price for, and Intel confiscated them as counterfeit and I was
out the dough. Bought them from a reputable web-store that is still around.
(Intel had alerted me ahead of the time that they suspected they were
and would do so, but I was already out the bucks, and the cards didn't work).
So I won't ever by from zipzoomfly ever again.

>I think that it is about time Cisco enter the free market and start
>charging their customers reasonable prices.

OOTH, if they can get customers that want solid gear and are willing
to pay the cost...

jbrun...@hotmail.com

Jun 20, 2006, 11:59:49 AM6/20/06
a while back I ran into many fake T-1 wic V2's... so many infact, that
I got pissed at Cisco for not doing more to stop this problem (shutting
down partners that sell fake gear in USA) that I changed my Access
router vendor. that is all we have to do.. just buy from
Tasman networks, or whoever else is for sure not counterfeit...

here is a link I made...

http://www.affirmedsystems.com/fakewics.html

www.BradReese.Com

Jun 20, 2006, 1:42:54 PM6/20/06
Hi Joe,

Publishing this information to "point-out" the mistakes made my
Counterfeiters is only helping them.

They have since corrected the "Stewart" mistake.

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
Cisco Repair

rick

Jun 21, 2006, 5:33:21 PM6/21/06
Counterfeit gear is a problem for all of us [resellers], but
publishing information like this publicly will only help the
counterfeiters. They take the information and fix their mistakes.
They have already learned about the stewart issue and have fixed that
on the newer counterfeits.

* We buy and sell new/used networking equipment. Please contact me if
you have any offers or are interested in buying *

** GUARANTEED REAL CISCO, in stock! **

50 x CP-7940G= NEW IN BOX @ $260/each

50 x CP-7960G= NEW IN BOX @ $320/each

2 x CISCO1760 (64D/32F) USED @ $500.00