SELECT - SQL to browse

Ekkehard Johannes Koch

Aug 16, 1994, 12:05:39 PM8/16/94
I noticed that you can issue an SELECT - SQL command and if you do not
specify an into clause than you get a browse screen of the data. Is there a
way to edit this data in a browse screen like it can be done in things like
Rbase?

--

_ _ _ _ _ / / __ __ / /
|_ |/ |/ |_ |_| /_| |_| | \ /\ / / / / /_/

Garrett Fitzgerald

Aug 18, 1994, 2:10:00 PM8/18/94
In article <ekoch-160...@ekoch.lanl.gov>,

Ekkehard Johannes Koch <ek...@lanl.gov> wrote:
>I noticed that you can issue an SELECT - SQL command and if you do not
>specify an into clause than you get a browse screen of the data. Is there a
>way to edit this data in a browse screen like it can be done in things like
>Rbase?

Check the FAQ next time it comes up for a complete answer. The fast
answer is to USE DBF(cursor_name) AGAIN in 0, after SELECTing INTO
CURSOR cursor_name.
----------
"There is no try: there is only do!"

Sarek of Vulcan
a.k.a. Garrett Fitzgerald -- Official Diver of the RFA
GCS/MU d- H+ s+:+ g+ p? au a26 w+>+++ v@?>++ C++$ US+>++ L 3 E N++
K W>--- M++ !V po->-po+ Y+>++ t++@ !5 j+ R G tv>-- b+++ D++
B--- e++>* u++(*) h--- f+>* r+ n-->++ y+++(*)
<A HREF="http://nyx10.cs.du.edu:8001/~gfitzger/home.html"> Vulcan Space Central</A>
GFit...@Nyx.cs.du.edu

Marcus Reynolds

Aug 20, 1994, 6:17:02 PM8/20/94
In article <ekoch-160...@ekoch.lanl.gov> ek...@lanl.gov (Ekkehard Johannes Koch) writes:
> I noticed that you can issue an SELECT - SQL command and if you do not
> specify an into clause than you get a browse screen of the data. Is there a
> way to edit this data in a browse screen like it can be done in things like
> Rbase?

If you don't specify an INTO, Select sends the data to a cursor & then calls
browse. Have a look when the Browse terminates & you should see a Cursor has
appeared. If you want to edit in the Browse, do an INTO TABLE & then Browse
that.

Regards
--
Marcus Reynolds