Who/what is causing the rollbacks?

Prince Kumar

Sep 5, 2001, 3:38:26 PM9/5/01
While reading the statspack report I noticed a very high percentage of
rollback.

Is there any way to find who/what is causing all these rollbacks. If
"logminer" is the only solution, which table.column of v$logminer...
view tells me whether the operation was "rollback"?

thanks,

Jonathan Lewis

Sep 5, 2001, 3:48:18 PM9/5/01

Is your application running through
Oracle's web-server ? If so, that is
probably the answer. After every
call you (used to) get a 'reset_all_packages'
call and a rollback;

--
Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Host to The Co-Operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Author of:

Screen saver or Life saver: http://www.ud.com
Use spare CPU to assist in cancer research.

Prince Kumar wrote in message
<629275ba.0109...@posting.google.com>...

Howard J. Rogers

Sep 5, 2001, 11:26:30 PM9/5/01

"Prince Kumar" <gs...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

You could try looking in the "operation" column (of v$logmnr_contents), for
starters. But, in fact, Log Miner won't help. As far as redo is concerned,
a rollback is just as committed as a commit: it just happens to leave data
in exactly the same state after as before the transaction.

Regards
HJR

> thanks,

Stephan Bressler

Sep 6, 2001, 2:35:49 AM9/6/01

look at v$sesstat to find the top-rollback-sessions (you may need to join to
v$statname.statistic# to get the statistic names).

Regards
Stephan

"Prince Kumar" <gs...@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> [...]

Prince Kumar

Sep 6, 2001, 7:53:48 PM9/6/01
Thank you all, for your responses.

Jonathan: Its an web based application and our web server is Apache .

HJR: I am wondering whether its possible to find the statements
getting rolled back.

Stephen: I can easily get the statistics (in fact I already got it)
Since most of our connection is persistent and the "user rollbacks" is
spread across the sessions almost uniformly, it is hard to get any
useful info out of it (other than knowing they do lot of rollbacks).

Prince..

Jonathan Lewis

Sep 7, 2001, 3:41:18 PM9/7/01

Given that it is a web application, there may
be nothing you can do. However, although the
number of calls to 'rollback;' may be relatively
high (I've seen it match the number of commits
before now) the AMOUNT of rollback change
may be relatively insignificant.

Check v$sysstat for:
"rollback changes - undo records applied"
and see if this is just a couple or so changes
per call.

<629275ba.01090...@posting.google.com>...