Re: Oracle Server Quick Reference Guide

Message has been deleted

Sybrand Bakker

May 27, 2006, 7:16:30 AM5/27/06
On 27 May 2006 02:16:30 -0700, "RMLEE" <rmur...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Oracle Server Quick Reference Guide
>
>http://quickdba.blogspot.com/2006/05/oracle-server-quick-reference-guide.html
>
>Visit daily to get more updated articles

As this is not an official Oracle dcoument I would suggest changing
it's title, or wait to be sued.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

John Koller

May 27, 2006, 3:53:40 PM5/27/06
On Sat, 27 May 2006 13:16:30 +0200, Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> On 27 May 2006 02:16:30 -0700, "RMLEE" <rmur...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Oracle Server Quick Reference Guide
>>
>>http://quickdba.blogspot.com/2006/05/oracle-server-quick-reference-guide.html
>>
>>Visit daily to get more updated articles
>

> As this is not an official Oracle dcoument I would suggest changing
> it's title, or wait to be sued.

You do not understand. All of the articles I have read so far were copied
from other sites. This one is from http://www.orafaq.com/faqdbabr.htm

It is not a question of if they get sued, only who and when.

--
John Koller

joel garry

May 30, 2006, 9:28:07 PM5/30/06
So, how does one figure out who to sue? Blogspot is just a common
carrier under US rules, I think.

The downside of anonymity - someone is getting money for hits by
stealing other peoples property.
Looks like they violate section 6.b of http://www.blogger.com/terms.g

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=60&topic=17

Mark C. Stock

May 31, 2006, 7:10:19 AM5/31/06

"joel garry" <joel-...@home.com> wrote in message
: So, how does one figure out who to sue? Blogspot is just a common
:

technically, no violation :-(

-- that clause only states that the host is not responsible for
"infringement of third party intellectual property"

++ mcs

joel garry

May 31, 2006, 4:36:17 PM5/31/06

You are right. I should have said section 4(e) of blogspot terms of
service (as opposed to blogger, on the same page): MEMBER CONDUCT You
understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound,
photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials ("Content"),
whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole
responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This
means that you, and not Pyra, are entirely responsible for all Content
that you upload, post or otherwise transmit via the Service... You
agree to not use the Service to: ... (e) upload, post or otherwise
transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade
secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;...

So how do we get blogspot to blow him off? I know I've complained...

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.

12 (e) IF YOU HAVE READ THIS FAR THEN YOUR EYES PROBABLY HURT. ALL
CAPS, WHAT WERE WE THINKING? HOWEVER, WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THIS OR ANY
OTHER OCULAR MALADY.