Jr DBA Salary Range ?

meathammer

Jul 13, 2006, 5:24:19 PM7/13/06
What is the current market salary range for Junior DBA (mid-size company)
? (NE US)
Looking to move into DBA from development.
thanks

DA Morgan

Jul 13, 2006, 7:23:15 PM7/13/06

No such position exists in this region. If you have less than 5 years
you are essentially unemployable.

Junior DBAs are senior developers who are assigned additional
responsibilities or work in very small shops.

This is not necessarily true in other countries or even other
regions of the US.
--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington

Brian Peasland

Jul 14, 2006, 9:41:28 AM7/14/06

I'm not sure about the Northeast, but in the upper midwest, the Junior
DBA positions I see are typically in the $40K - $55K per year range. I
do occasionally see positions posted, but most Junior DBA positions are
filled internally.

Cheers,
Brian

Brian Peasland
d...@nospam.peasland.net
http://www.peasland.net

meathammer

Jul 18, 2006, 6:10:13 PM7/18/06
DA Morgan wrote:
> Junior DBAs are senior developers who are assigned additional
> responsibilities or work in very small shops.

agree on the "sr. developer + DBA tasks"
thanks