Copy MySQL saved connection settings to another computer.

Hetal

Dec 3, 2008, 12:24:10 PM12/3/08
Is there a way to copy/export/migrate MySQL saved connecton settings
from computer A and restore it on computer B? I have been looking
online through various forums and groups but i could not find any help
on this one.

Thanks,
Hetal.

Hetal

Dec 3, 2008, 12:41:00 PM12/3/08

Aah.. this one was easy.. The conenction profiles are strores in "C:
\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\MySQL" in a file
names "mysqlx_user_connections.xml". Here is the link for detailed
information. http://dev.mysql.com/doc/administrator/en/mysql-gui-appendix-store-connections.html

Should have researched a bit more before posting my query.

Thanks,
Hetal.

Captain Paralytic

Dec 4, 2008, 5:53:14 AM12/4/08
On 3 Dec, 17:41, Hetal <hetal.a.kapa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Should have researched a bit more before posting my query.

You also should have specified that you were talking about MySQL
Administrator, since MySQL itself does not save connection settings!