Upgrading mysql 4.1 to 5.1

reetesh nigam

Apr 22, 2009, 6:19:51 AM4/22/09
Hi All,
I am moving from mysql 4.1 to mysql 5.1
Can any one tell me what should i do to move my database from mysql
4.1 to mysql 5.1.

I do not want to take the backup and restore as it take lots of time,
So can any one suggest what should i do?

Thanks

Reetesh Nigam

Jerry Stuckle

Apr 22, 2009, 6:38:44 AM4/22/09

If you value your data, backup the database before moving.

But then you should be backing up your database on a regular basis, anyway.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address

Chuck

Apr 22, 2009, 12:32:19 PM4/22/09

What takes more time - backing up your data, or recreating all your data
from scratch if something goes wrong? If this is not a personal database
and contains data critical to your employer, add to that the time of
updating your resumé and searching for a new job.