MS ACCESS

roel...@casema.nl

Jun 9, 2006, 7:03:47 PM6/9/06
Zoonlief heeft per ongeluk een wachtwoor ingetypt in ms access, en weet
echt niet wat.
Hoe kan je dat resetten cq herstellen?

Ik heb ms-office al van mijn pc verwijderd en opnieuw weer
ge-installeerd, helaas dat ding blijft om een wachtwoord zeuren.

Besturingssysteem win xp home
En Office xp-pro

Help......

CDMAP...@fortunejames.com

Jun 9, 2006, 8:26:02 PM6/9/06

In:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.ms-access/msg/c5a180bf083721c3

Doug Steele said:

OTOH, since he gave the code to retrieve 3.0/3.5 passwords, if the 4.0
passwords were that easy to retrieve, I see no reason why he wouldn't
have
given that code as well.

In:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.ms-access/msg/26725b9f0123fa82

Doug Steele also says:

Looks like you're talking about the code MichKa has at
http://www.trigeminal.com/code/DatabasePassword.bas

Note that that code is only for Jet 3.0/3.5 databases (i.e. Access 95
or
Access 97)

As MichKa says at http://www.trigeminal.com/codes.asp?ItemID=5#5, "the
Jet
4.0 database password is not even close to this easy to crack"

'----

Apparently, this was an attempt to hide the secret from those who
shouldn't find out for a while longer. It seems to have worked.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.ms-access/msg/83e70a4d9de29cb3

It seems that Michka was annoyed that companies were charging money for
something so simple and provided some code. Lyle Fairfield reveals the
secret of MS' "new" password implementation for Jet 4.0 database
passwords. In case that wasn't enough he goes on to give hint after
hint after hint until well beyond the point where the phrase "beating a
dead horse" came to mind. He either thought nearly everyone should be
made to understand it or thought of the readers here as idiots who
needed as much help as possible :-). Using Lyle's hints it should be
quite easy to read the existing password. I apologize if I have
answered the wrong question since despite having many ancestors from
Holland I don't speak Dutch.

James A. Fortune
CDMAP...@FortuneJames.com