A97 + Vista - need "permanent" admin privilege

1 vue

dianedebuda

non lue,
24 févr. 2007, 03:21:0324/02/2007
Using only Access 97. Need to run as admin in order to use Tool /Compact,
etc. Tried Allen Browne's suggestion about registry hack meant for multiple
versions of Access, but doesn't seem to work for "version 8.". (Still get
Error 75: Path/File access error) Users have been using desktop icons
pointing to specific .mdb. Although "Run as Administrator" is available for
short-cut to msaccess.exe, it is grayed out when specific mdb is added to
Target line. Starting access from a short-cut to a "Run as Administrator"
batch file works, but Command Prompt box shows too, which can be confusing.
Any ideas?

CDMAP...@fortunejames.com

non lue,
26 févr. 2007, 14:21:2426/02/2007

I vaguely recall from one of the PDC 05 sessions (perhaps transacted
registry) that there is a way in Vista to set up a copy of the
registry that spoofs a program into thinking it has admin rights yet
leaves the actual registry intact. Maybe this can be done at the OS
level. Sorry I can't remember more. I'm about 80% done going through
the many Gigs and many hours of PDC 05 information. I'd like to get
done with it all before PDC 07 :-).

James A. Fortune
CDMAP...@FortuneJames.com

Lyle Fairfield

non lue,
26 févr. 2007, 19:27:1626/02/2007
On Feb 26, 2:21 pm, CDMAPos...@FortuneJames.com wrote:

> I vaguely recall from one of the PDC 05 sessions (perhaps transacted
> registry) that there is a way in Vista to set up a copy of the
> registry that spoofs a program into thinking it has admin rights yet
> leaves the actual registry intact. Maybe this can be done at the OS
> level.

Aah ... the magic of Microsoft ...

"a copy of the registry that spoofs a program into thinking it has
admin rights"

Well, sure! We all should have thought of that.

I took delivery of a new Dell-Vista beast last week. The complaints
I've read in CDMA and elsewhere have been minor when compared with the
WAB problems I've encountered. It seems that Vista don't got no WAB.
And it seems that a lot of programs look for and use the WAB,
silently, down deep. (WAB = Windows Address Book)
Oh well, it's something to which everyone can look forward. And my
wife hasn't complained. She has a bright new shiny Dell-Vista computer
now.
Did I mention the one hour of uninstalling the crap that Dell puts on
their computers? And Vista's default printer?

Henceforth, I'm building my own.

Mutter, mutter, mutter ....

dianedebuda

non lue,
27 févr. 2007, 22:49:3527/02/2007

Maybe I'm dense here, but shouldn't I be trying to "fool" the o/s, not the
program, about the rights? What little I saw about a transacted registry
when I googled sounds like this is all available at a developer level that
Access 97 would not be able to do. Still trying to not do the obvious and
disable the UAC yet...

0 nouveau message