Problem with "Hatschek" character

Deimos

Aug 14, 2002, 8:51:00 PM8/14/02
I have got following problem:

I am using a db2 with one database using the utf-8 codepage.
A Webservice (built with websphere) should store names in this db.

All works fine in case I am using unicode where only the last byte is set.
Using unicode with two significant bytes (in this case the "Hatschek")
only a substition byte (1A) is inserted.

Does anyone have an idea how to slove this problem ?

Thx
Deimos

Dirk Wollscheid

Aug 15, 2002, 12:33:07 PM8/15/02

Is this a DB2 problem or in a problem in your code?

What I would try to find out is to run this statement in a JDBC program
and see if you get the expected result.

stmt=con.prepareStatement(
"update mytable(myCol)values(?);
stmt.setString("<Hatschek>foobar"));
stmt.execute();

If it fails then this could be a DB2 bug. If not, then there's something
wrong with your code. You didn't say much about it. Maybe you can post
parts of it.

Hope this helps, Dirk

--
-------------- This is not an IBM official response --------------

All the information and opinions expressed herein are those of the
author and are not an official IBM statement.

It's also not OK to contact the author with questions using his
email adress.

sha...@us.ibm.com

Aug 15, 2002, 12:34:14 PM8/15/02
Hi Deimos,
Can you tell us what codepage / locale the client and server are in?
The easiest way is post the sqlca from a db2 connect, e.g.:
db2 -a connect to <db>

What is the column type you are inserting into?

What is the column type of the data being inserted?