Long standing bug in WEdit

beheiger

Feb 7, 2008, 7:52:35 AM2/7/08

I am sorry to report that the following bug I had observed quite some time
ago
continues to be at work in wedit. As I understand, when you type the name of
structure followed by a ".", wedit checks for the names of the structure
members
in the background to be able to offer a popup-list of these members to
choose from.
Sometimes (and unfortunately in a seemingly unreproducable way) this causes
wedit to hang, and everything that has not been saved is lost. According to
the
Windows XP task manager, the hanging program uses up to 98 percent of the
cpu,
so I suspect an infinite loop or something similar.

I am currently using wedit Win 32 Ver. 4.0, Compiled Sat Oct 06 12:19:41
2007
on MSWindows XP.

Regards,

Andi

--------------------
Here's what I wrote last time:

Hi everybody,

I frequently observe a behavior of wedit which seems unfortunately not
to be easily reproducable, but is definitely there, and it can be extremely
annoying. In fact, when you type in new code and you type the name of a
structure variable followed by a '.' (to address a structure member), wedit
sometimes hangs, the contents of the editor buffer typed after the last save
are lost and you have to restart lcc again. It is only possible to get over
the harmful '.' by cutting and pasting code from another part of the file
where the '.' and the name of the structure member has already been used.
I guess, there is a bug in the syntax checking or whatever-checking which
the editor obviously performs in the background.

Has anyone else experienced this? I am using wedit Win 32 Ver. 4.0,
Compiled Sun Jul 22 21:35:10 2007 on MSWindows XP.

Andi

jacob navia

Feb 7, 2008, 1:16:03 PM2/7/08
Hi
Sorry for this problem

The root cause is that we are using a very old sqlite3.dll

We will download a newer version over the weekend and
it will work much better. We tested this for the 64 bit version
and it really improved things.

Until that time please disable this feature.

Goto "Project" Configuration then
Workspace then check the checkbutton
"Do not display structure members automatically".

beheiger

Feb 8, 2008, 5:03:26 AM2/8/08
Hi Jacob,

thanks for the quick workaround. I never used the said feature anyway.
BTW, I find the "undo" function in WEdit almost unusable. Most of
the time it does not undo the changes but only increases the mess in the
file. ---?

All the best,

Andi

"jacob navia" <ja...@nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag