lccwin divide by zero

Bartc

Jun 6, 2008, 7:13:42 AM6/6/08
Compiler (Mar 24 2008) bug report:

This code gives the correct warning but also generates various Compiler and
Internal Errors:

int main(void){
int a,b,c;

a=10;
b=0;
c=a/b;
}

--
Bartc

Friedrich Dominicus

Jun 6, 2008, 8:42:42 AM6/6/08
"Bartc" <b...@freeuk.com> writes:

Not here, not compiler and not internal errors, my version if from
April 2008

Regards
Friedrich

--
Please remove just-for-news- to reply via e-mail.

jacob navia

Jun 6, 2008, 10:57:47 AM6/6/08

Without the optimize flag nothing bad happens.
If you have the optimize flag and then that
code several errors will appear. I think that
since the code is flawed this is not a real
problem.

--
jacob navia
jacob at jacob point remcomp point fr

ArarghMai...@not.at.arargh.com

Jun 7, 2008, 7:52:40 AM6/7/08
On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 16:57:47 +0200, jacob navia <ja...@nospam.com>
wrote:

>Bartc wrote:
>> Compiler (Mar 24 2008) bug report:
>>
>> This code gives the correct warning but also generates various Compiler and
>> Internal Errors:
>>
>> int main(void){
>> int a,b,c;
>>
>> a=10;
>> b=0;
>> c=a/b;
>> }
>>

>Without the optimize flag nothing bad happens.
>If you have the optimize flag and then that
>code several errors will appear. I think that
>since the code is flawed this is not a real
>problem.

The code may be stupid, but I don't see flawed.

IMO, this is a valid optimizer/runtime error handler test. :-)
--
ArarghMail806 at [drop the 'http://www.' from ->] http://www.arargh.com
BCET Basic Compiler Page: http://www.arargh.com/basic/index.html

To reply by email, remove the extra stuff from the reply address.

jacob navia

Jun 8, 2008, 3:52:01 PM6/8/08
ArarghMai...@NOT.AT.Arargh.com wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 16:57:47 +0200, jacob navia <ja...@nospam.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Bartc wrote:
>>> Compiler (Mar 24 2008) bug report:
>>>
>>> This code gives the correct warning but also generates various Compiler and
>>> Internal Errors:
>>>
>>> int main(void){
>>> int a,b,c;
>>>
>>> a=10;
>>> b=0;
>>> c=a/b;
>>> }
>>>
>> Without the optimize flag nothing bad happens.
>> If you have the optimize flag and then that
>> code several errors will appear. I think that
>> since the code is flawed this is not a real
>> problem.
>
> The code may be stupid, but I don't see flawed.
>
> IMO, this is a valid optimizer/runtime error handler test. :-)

Well I changed the compiler to avoid those errors.
Not a big deal