closing a dialog box by skill

bed...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2008, 9:35:51 PM3/2/08
hi,

In my skill, i need to refresh my library.
so i use the function "ddsHiRefresh()".

but this function generates a popup window that i can not kill with
hiDBoxOK().

Actually, i'm not sure to get the correct name of the pop up window,
maybe that's why i can not kill it !

So, could anyone tell me how to get the correct name of my popup
window ?

thanks for your help,

b.

Riad KACED

Mar 3, 2008, 8:45:30 AM3/3/08
Hi !

if you try the following function into your CIW :
hiFormList()
You will see there is a form symbol called "ddsRefreshForm", I guess
it's the one you are looking for !
If you then type hiFormFinish(ddsRefreshForm), I think it should close
your window. Give it a try ...
I think you can use hiFormDone or hiFormClose as well. Please look at
the doc to see the difference !

Good luck ;-)

Riad.

Andrew Beckett

Mar 3, 2008, 11:49:09 AM3/3/08
Riad KACED wrote, on 03/03/08 13:45:

hiRegTimer("hiFormDone(ddsRefreshForm)" 0) ddsHiRefresh()

will do it. Something similar came up in this forum recently...

This tells SKILL to do the "form done" 0 tenths of a second after the UI has
returned - so that it can be done on the blocking ddsHiRefresh() form.

Regards,

Andrew.

bed...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2008, 8:43:27 PM3/3/08
hi,

thanks for your answers.

Unfortunately, none of these solutions work. My popup window freeze
completely the rest of the program. Clicking "ok" is the only thing i
can do ...

i tried :
hiRegTimer("hiFormDone(ddsRefreshForm)" X) ddsHiRefresh() , with
different values for X.

which is the solution given by Andrew. but it doesn't work. Indeed,
this solution was given in a previous topic. I also found the "hack
code" to kill popups , but i don't want to use it because i don't
understand it.

so, i don't know how to kill this popup. Maybe ddsHiRefresh is not the
only way to refresh ? or maybe there's an option to use it in silent
mode ?

Thanks for your help.

b.

Joel

Mar 4, 2008, 9:34:33 AM3/4/08

Perhaps you are dealing with a different popup?

What I do when I need to solve this problem is click OK to dismiss the
window and then look in my CDS.log file. Usually the name of the
command needed to close the window/form/dialog appears as the last
command. I did a quick experiment with ddsHiRefresh and found that it
triggered a modal popup telling me there was no data to refresh. I
closed it and noted the following in my CDS.log:

hiDBoxOK(ddsDBox).

I then used Andrew's trick to close the window:
hiRegTimer("hiDBoxOK(ddsDBox)" 0)
ddsHiRefresh()

Even if you have a different dialog you can figure out the name of it
from the log file (though this may have a dependency on the log filter
setting).

I hope that helps.

Joel

Pete nospam Zakel

Mar 4, 2008, 4:42:02 PM3/4/08

>Even if you have a different dialog you can figure out the name of it
>from the log file (though this may have a dependency on the log filter
>setting).

Just to clarify, the log filter setting only affects what is displayed to the
CIW. It doesn't filter what is put in the log file, which is everything.

-Pete Zakel
(p...@seeheader.nospam)

"Monday is an awful way to spend one seventh of your life."

bed...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2008, 9:26:15 PM3/5/08

thanks to all for your answers.

My problem of popup was located between the keyboard and the chair.

Now, all is fine ^^v

regards,

b.