[appletalk] Re: PopMail+GatorBox+MacTCP

Steve Dorner

Jul 3, 1990, 5:30:54 PM7/3/90
Archive-name: eudora/03-Jul-90
Archive-site: ux1.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.59]
Archive-directory: mac/eudora
Reposted-by: e...@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

It post this with a certain amount of trepidation.

There is a standalone (you don't have to run HyperCard) Macintosh POP3
client available for FREE (you don't have to sign any silly agreement,
nor pay any fee) from UIUC.

Anonymous ftp to ux1.cso.uiuc.edu, and look in the mac/eudora subdirectory.
The manual is provided in PostScript form; you'll need SendPS (or equivalent).

If you can't use ftp, send ~1MB worth of floppy* and a SASE to:

Steve Dorner
UIUC Computing Services Office
1412B DCL, MC 256
1304 W. Springfield
Urbana, IL 61801

*Most of that 1MB is the manual; Eudora itself is only 156K.

You can find a suitable POP3 server (popper) by anon ftp to lilac.berkeley.edu.

Eudora presently works with MacTCP (a serial version may be forthcoming).

Send comments/suggestions to me; I wrote it. Flames you can send to the
same place you sent the check to pay for it; /dev/null.

Internet: s-do...@uiuc.edu UUCP: {convex,uunet}!uiucuxc!dorner