Open source GPL Schematic and PCB Editing software

1 view

Anton Erasmus

Mar 25, 2005, 2:56:29 PM3/25/05

The following link for Schematic and PCB editing software has been
posted on the lpc2000 yahoo group.

http://www.lis.inpg.fr/realise_au_lis/kicad/

Looks like it runs under both Linux and Windows. The documentation is
mostly in French, and it looks like they are looking for people to
help translate the documentation into English.

Regards
Anton Erasmus

Gary Schnabl

Mar 26, 2005, 3:15:59 AM3/26/05

"Anton Erasmus" <nob...@spam.prevent.net> wrote in message

Here's a repost of another PCB post that you might be interested in. I get
plenty of email from it, so it's an active group. Maybe you could get
someone in that Yahoo group interested.

I could not find much info on users of FreePCB, so I started a Yahoo
group. FreePCB is an open source program for PCB layout. It works
with a PADSPCB netlist from any schematic package.

Come check it out and let us know if you are a user.

http://www.freepcb.com/

Ian Bell

Mar 26, 2005, 10:51:55 AM3/26/05
Anton Erasmus wrote:

Looks a lot more complete and platform independent than that FreePCB rubbish
some idiot keeps plastering the usenet with.

Ian
--
Ian Bell

rickman

Mar 26, 2005, 5:17:11 PM3/26/05

Don't hold back Ian, tell us how you *really* feel!

8-*

rickman

Mar 26, 2005, 5:24:02 PM3/26/05
Ian Bell wrote:
> Looks a lot more complete and platform independent than that FreePCB
rubbish
> some idiot keeps plastering the usenet with.
>
> Ian
> --
> Ian Bell

BTW, I forgot to mention that the membership at

is up to 110 now. This is the fastest growing group I have ever
started.

Obviously some people think it is an interesting and useful offering.

BTW Ian, I'm curious, what layout package do you use?

Ian Bell

Mar 27, 2005, 2:47:38 PM3/27/05
rickman wrote:

> Don't hold back Ian, tell us how you *really* feel!
>
> 8-*

He He ;-)

Ian

--