Unit Testing Show of Hands II

Kris Kowal

Oct 3, 2009, 2:01:38 PM10/3/09
to comm...@googlegroups.com
I've updated the hand show for Unit Testing to reflect the new options
and hands already shown. Please make or update your mark.

http://wiki.commonjs.org/wiki/Unit_Testing/A#Show_of_Hands

Kris Kowal

Ash Berlin

Oct 3, 2009, 2:23:47 PM10/3/09
to comm...@googlegroups.com
Updated my votes.

A few things:

point 4) is still ill specified for my linking.

point 10) will discuss in your other thread

Just to double check 'assert.is' does an === check?

Kris Kowal

Oct 3, 2009, 2:30:58 PM10/3/09
to comm...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Ash Berlin
<ash_flu...@firemirror.com> wrote:
> On 3 Oct 2009, at 19:01, Kris Kowal wrote:
> point 4) is still ill specified for my linking.

Can this point be upgraded in a future version as implementations
discover its shortcomings?

Kris Kowal

Ash Berlin

Oct 3, 2009, 2:41:42 PM10/3/09
to comm...@googlegroups.com

Works for me. Lets make a note in the spec tho.

4b) is This needed? It doesn't seem to deal with adding non-integer
properties to an array, (That or spidermonkey's isArray is broken):

> a = [1]
[1]
> a.a = 'a'
"a"
> Array.isArray(a)
true

4c) should be explicit about comparing 'a.valueOf() == b.valueOf()'

Kris Kowal

Oct 3, 2009, 3:13:46 PM10/3/09
to comm...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Ash Berlin
<ash_flu...@firemirror.com> wrote:
> Works for me. Lets make a note in the spec tho.
>
> 4b) is This needed? It doesn't seem to deal with adding non-integer
> properties to an array, (That or spidermonkey's isArray is broken):
>
>  > a = [1]
>  [1]
>  > a.a = 'a'
>  "a"
>  > Array.isArray(a)
>  true
>

> 4c) should be explicit about comparing 'a.valueOf() == b.valueOf()'

I'm not particular about either of these details. You're welcome to
update the wiki.

Kris Kowal

Kris Kowal

Oct 4, 2009, 8:06:29 PM10/4/09
to comm...@googlegroups.com
I've updated the interface to reflect current hand tallies. The
assert module now has:

"AssertionError", "assert", "eq", "ne", "is", "isnt", "throws".

http://wiki.commonjs.org/wiki/Unit_Testing/A

Kris Kowal

Kris Kowal

Oct 5, 2009, 3:22:55 PM10/5/09
to comm...@googlegroups.com
I've updated the interface to reflect current hand tallies.  The
assert module now has:

"AssertionError", "assert", "equal", "notEqual", "same", "notSame", "throws".