Need help trying to control Integra AV receiver

wogboynz

Dec 17, 2009, 4:08:00 AM12/17/09
to CommandFusion
I am trying to control an Integra 5.9 AV receiver via its TCP port. I
have set it to the following settings, 1p 192.168.1.17 and port
60128.

I have these same settings in the commandfusion software, I can ping
the receiver from my PC. I think my problem is with the data I am
sending it, I am not too sure whether it should be hex or not. The
message to send it for zone 1 off is "1PWR00" with a Carriage Return
on the end. I have tried converting it to hex and sending the
following for the zone 1 off command I have tried
"\x31x50x57x52x30x30x0D" "\x31\x50\x57\x52\x30\x30\x0D" ""1PWR00"/x0D"
without the quotes except for the ones inside the last example. What
am I doing wrong?

I can control the unit via my own pc software by sending "1PWR00"
carriage return.

Any help would be much appreciated, I have control documentation for
integra codes/protocol etc if anyone wants to take a look at that.

Cheers,
Richard

Jarrod Bell

Dec 17, 2009, 7:43:18 AM12/17/09
to CommandFusion
Hi Richard,

What PC software are you using to control?

The correct command should be:
1PWR00\x0D

Also try:
1PWR00\x0A\x0D

The last one is what telnet would be sending.

Also make sure you have "maintain constant connection" ticked in the
system properties.

Jarrod

Fiasco

Dec 18, 2009, 10:17:57 AM12/18/09
to CommandFusion
I have the Integra (Onkyo) RS232 specs if you need them.

The commands are straight ASC, no hex.

> > Richard- Hide quoted text -

CG

Dec 19, 2009, 6:37:33 PM12/19/09
to CommandFusion
You need to put a '!' before the command

ie

!1PWR00 - standby
!1PWR01 - on

CG

Dec 19, 2009, 7:04:26 PM12/19/09
to CommandFusion
By the way, with the Integra DTR-7.9 receiver I have at the moment has
a basic web server built-in that allows you to send a test IP commands
in the text box at the bottom of the screen.

Just access the server using the IP address of the Receiver (without
port # 60128) and you should get in.

some test commands

!1PWR00 - standby
!1PWR01 - on

!1AMT01 - mute on
!1AMT00 - mute off

Also if you use Microsoft Telnet from the windows 'start >> run'
option, and use the command 'o 192.168.0.5 60128' if your receivers IP
address is 192.168.0.5 and port is 60128, you can see the feedback
received from the receiver if you manually change settings via the
receivers remote, front panel or via the web server.

Richard Cassin

Dec 19, 2009, 7:23:07 PM12/19/09
to comman...@googlegroups.com, CommandFusion
Sory for not getting back with any feedback havnt had a chance, didnt
even think to see if it had a buit in web server, test a command
with ! In front an all good, stupid mistake on my part, thanks guys
for your help.

Sent from my iPhone

> --

> .

wogboynz

Dec 19, 2009, 8:13:10 PM12/19/09
to CommandFusion
I am still having issues with control via Command fusion, I can send
the commands via the integra web interface, but i still cannot control
it via my iphone. All I have done is created a basic layout, and put a
button on there. I then added a system called "Integra" set ip to
192.168.1.17, and both ports to 60128 as it is in the integra
settings. Selected TCP and set to maintain constant connection.
connection join is set to 0 and set startup command to none. I then
create a command and call it off and set the command properties to !
1PWR00\x0D This should work shouldn't it? What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for your help.

wogboynz

Dec 19, 2009, 8:42:59 PM12/19/09
to CommandFusion
@CG - Are you controling your integra 7.9 via commandfusion? Do you
have a basic file with the system added to it that I could take a look
at?

I installed telnet as you said and can view the feedback when I press
buttons on the remote, not too sure why I can't get it to work in
commandfusion.

Jarrod Bell

Dec 19, 2009, 9:12:29 PM12/19/09
to CommandFusion
You did assign the command to the button and save it all before
uploading to the iPhone correct?
Just making sure as you didn't mention these steps.

Jarrod

Richard Cassin

Dec 19, 2009, 9:15:09 PM12/19/09
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I have done that, I usually add a new button or remove one so I can
actually see that the changes have been made. I don't need a control system
do I? ie a Crestion system? I should be able to just talk directly to the
amp from my iphone?

Jarrod

19:40:00

Jarrod Bell

Dec 19, 2009, 9:35:58 PM12/19/09
to CommandFusion
No you should leave the 'Control System' details in the project
properties blank (which you already have by the sounds).

!1PWR00\x0D looks like it should be the correct command, based on what
others above have mentioned.

What version of iViewer are you running?

I can't find the protocol document, so if anyone can send it over,
please do, just so I can check anything that might be causing it to
not work.

Jarrod

CG

Dec 19, 2009, 10:29:16 PM12/19/09
to CommandFusion
I'm just in the process of building my first CF project so will let
you know once I have the Integra being controlled from the iPod Touch,
or if anyone else gets it working first let us know.

Fiasco

Dec 19, 2009, 10:33:43 PM12/19/09
to CommandFusion
Did you try

!1PWR00\x0A\x0D

Jarrod Bell

Dec 19, 2009, 11:51:31 PM12/19/09
to CommandFusion
According to a protocol document sent to me by CG, the correct format
should be something like this:

ISCP\x00\x00\x00\x10\x00\x00\x00\x08\x01\x00\x00\x00!1PWR01\x0D
ISCP\x00\x00\x00\x10\x00\x00\x00\x08\x01\x00\x00\x00!1PWR00\x0D

The commands listed by other people are to be used by RS232. The
command above is for Ethernet.
It seems their ethernet protocol requires various header bytes, which
the RS232 protocol does not.

Jarrod

CG

Dec 20, 2009, 2:09:00 AM12/20/09
to CommandFusion
OK guys.

I can confirm that the message format Jarrod sent through is correct
and I have tried it with a test CF project I'm working with.

So the format of the message should be
[eISCP Message][eISCP Data]

where [eISCP] is
Bytes 1 - 4 'ISCP'
Bytes 5 - 8 Message Header Size (probably always \x00\x00\x00\x10
(ie. x10 or 16 bytes for the eISCP message) for the moment)
Bytes 9 - 12 Data Size
Byte 13 Version (currently always \x01 )
Bytes 14 - 16 Reserved

and [eISCP Data] is the message as we were trying previously which is
the RS-232 command.

So the header ( ISCP\x00\x00\x00\x10\x00\x00\x00\x08\x01\x00\x00\x00 )
will be the same for the bulk of the commands in the protocol, however
you will need to change Data Size from \x08 to whatever the size of
other commands is.

Remember to drag the new commands back onto the buttons, and you might
also need to switch the Receiver off and on as I seemed to get it into
a mode where it wouldn't accept any TCP/IP commands for some reason.

Hope that all makes sense.

Not too sure why the web server built into the receiver accepts and
works with the eISCP Data only without the eISCP Message

Cheers.

Richard Cassin

Dec 20, 2009, 2:27:40 AM12/20/09
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Cool will take a look at that in the morning, thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone