NI PCI-6225 RTSI

Dave

Jul 25, 2010, 2:57:47 PM7/25/10
to Comedi: Linux Control and Measurement Device Interface
I am using comedi version 0.7.76 on Ubuntu 10.04 with kernel 2.6.32. I
have two NI PCI-6225 DAQ cards. Both of these are recognized by comedi
and I am able to acquire samples on each of them.

I have an RTSI cable installed, but comedi does not list an RTSI
subdevice ( ID = 10 ) for either board. Do I need to configure comedi
to recognize the RTSI?

Thanks for the help.

Dave

Ian Abbott

Jul 26, 2010, 5:29:31 AM7/26/10
to comed...@googlegroups.com

It should appear as a DIO subdevice (although you can't actually read or
write any meaningful data from/to the channels). It responds to various
INSN_CONFIG instructions to set/query the directions, clock sources and
routing. Comedilib has some demo programs called dio, choose_clock, and
choose_routing to configure this stuff. (The CVS version of comedilib
also has some wrapper functions around the INSN_CONFIG instructions to
configure this stuff.)

--
-=( Ian Abbott @ MEV Ltd. E-mail: <abb...@mev.co.uk> )=-
-=( Tel: +44 (0)161 477 1898 FAX: +44 (0)161 718 3587 )=-