Possible issue with colorhug-ccmx

Richard Hughes

Jan 10, 2012, 2:21:25 PM1/10/12
to colorhu...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

If you're running colorhug-client 0.1.3 (and this includes the LiveCD
unfortunately....) then you'll find there might be an issue with
colorhug-ccmx. If you click refresh after inserting the device, and
then restart the colorhug-ccmx program, the factory calibration will
be deleted from the device.

The bug fix is trivial, although annoying, so if you want to use the
CD, please avoid using the colorhug-ccmx program and instead use the
colorhug command line client (/usr/libexec/colorhug) to load on new
ccmx profiles until 0.1.4 is released (hopefully in the next hour).

You can tell if this affects you if "/usr/libexec/colorhug
get-calibration 0" no longer reports "Factory Calibration".
Don't panic, as all the factory calibration values are archived on the
website. You you can simply follow these steps to recover the device:
http://www.hughski.com/faq.html#erase-factory-cal

I've just added some code to colorhug-ccmx that automatically fixes
broken devices.

Sending my apologies,

Richard.

Richard Hughes

Jan 10, 2012, 3:11:56 PM1/10/12
On 10 January 2012 19:21, Richard Hughes <hugh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The bug fix is trivial, although annoying, so if you want to use the
> CD, please avoid using the colorhug-ccmx program and instead use the
> colorhug command line client (/usr/libexec/colorhug) to load on new
> ccmx profiles until 0.1.4 is released (hopefully in the next hour).

I've filed a Fedora update for the new release[1] and Pascal is
building it into his PPA as I speak. There are instructions on the
owner page on how to update the LiveCD too.

Now you are starting to understand why there's a 20% developer discount ;)

Richard

[1] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/colorhug-client-0.1.4-1.fc16