CoreAnimation or OpeGL view transition (iBooks style)

Alfredo Delli Bovi

Oct 14, 2010, 4:13:11 AM10/14/10
to cocoa-unbound
Hi,
I need to do something like the page flip transition in iBooks, anyone
knows something about how could i do?

David Linsin

Oct 14, 2010, 8:16:17 AM10/14/10
to cocoa-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alfredo,

check out http://github.com/ole/leaves. I've used it successfully in one of my projects.

with kind regards,

David Linsin
email: dli...@gmail.com
blog: http://dlinsin.blogspot.com

Alfredo Delli Bovi

Oct 15, 2010, 3:58:42 AM10/15/10
to cocoa-unbound
Thank you, i already see that, i was hoping to make something "better"
and more realistic.

On 14 Ott, 14:16, David Linsin <dlin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Alfredo,
>
> check outhttp://github.com/ole/leaves. I've used it successfully in one of my projects.
>
> with kind regards,
>
> David Linsin
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> email: dlin...@gmail.com
> blog:http://dlinsin.blogspot.com
>
> On Oct 14, 2010, at 10:13 AM, Alfredo Delli Bovi wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> > I need to do something like the page flip transition in iBooks, anyone
> > knows something about how could i do?
>

>  smime.p7s
> 5KVisualizzaScarica

Hamish Allan

Oct 15, 2010, 5:53:17 AM10/15/10
to cocoa-...@googlegroups.com
On 15 October 2010 08:58, Alfredo Delli Bovi
<alfredo....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you, i already see that, i was hoping to make something "better"
> and more realistic.

I think you'll have to use OpenGL -- take a snapshot of the outgoing
and incoming pages and use them as textures on sheet of polygons.

W. Dana Nuon

Oct 16, 2010, 4:11:35 AM10/16/10
to cocoa-...@googlegroups.com

I've written up a technique to simulate page curling using OpenGL, though you'll have to add a bit of work polishing it up to make it look as nice as in iBooks. I'm not convinced that Apple uses OpenGL for their transition, probably just fancy Core Graphics, but an advantage of using an pure OpenGL solution is that you can view the animation from any perspective, not just straight on.

http://wdnuon.blogspot.com/2010/05/implementing-ibooks-page-curling-using.html

Dana

Nathan de Vries

Oct 16, 2010, 9:50:34 AM10/16/10
to cocoa-...@googlegroups.com
On 15/10/2010, at 8:53 PM, Hamish Allan wrote:
> I think you'll have to use OpenGL -- take a snapshot of the outgoing
> and incoming pages and use them as textures on sheet of polygons.

If you're going to do that, take a look at Edward Patel's EPGLTransitionView:

http://github.com/epatel/EPGLTransitionView

Cheers,

Nathan