US VISA "PINK SLIP"

Sunny

Jun 15, 2010, 5:46:02 AM6/15/10
to cmu_entrants
Dear All

Has anyone of you got a "pink slip" stating that your VISA process is
temporarily suspended due to Administrative Process, after your VISA
Interview?

Regards
Ekansh Bhatnagar

Sankalp Arora

Jun 15, 2010, 1:27:36 PM6/15/10
to cmu_entrants
Yup
I have...we are the lucky ones...20 days no reply from embassy yet

Aman

Jun 15, 2010, 1:37:43 PM6/15/10
to cmu_en...@googlegroups.com
Turns out that they do more background check before they grant you the VISA.

Did you have all the supplementary documents with you: (Check : http://www.immihelp.com/visitor-visa/visitor-documents.html). Though these are listed for Visitor Visas, I was asked for them at the US Consulate in New Delhi, which I submitted via email after my interview.

My passport with the VISA stamped arrived on the 28 day from my interview.

--
Indian Graduate Student Association, CMU
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~igsa

--
Aman...

Anvesh Komuravelli

Jun 15, 2010, 1:40:00 PM6/15/10
to cmu_en...@googlegroups.com
Haha, yes you are lucky :D

One of my friends got a pink slip last year and he got the visa after a while, probably a month later. Don't remember exactly. Just keep looking at your status on the embassy website. On some fine day, you will see that your passport can be picked up!

But, not to scare you, it can take very long time in some cases. Just hope that you will get it soon. Now that this is just mid-June, you have sufficient time before you fly to Pittsburgh.

Anvesh.

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Sankalp Arora <ar.sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
--
Indian Graduate Student Association, CMU
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~igsa

--
Anvesh Komuravelli
Ph.D. Student
Computer Science Department
Carnegie Mellon University

sahil khurana

Jun 15, 2010, 9:39:37 PM6/15/10
to cmu_en...@googlegroups.com
I got that pink slip last year too..

But that won't be a problem. You just keep track of your status. I got my visa after about a month.
They generally do it for those who tell their area of study as something that falls in some of their special topics (like somthing in chemical, nuclear energy or wireless studies etc.), and they just try to do some advanced processing.

-sahil

sahil khurana

Jun 15, 2010, 9:42:23 PM6/15/10
to cmu_en...@googlegroups.com
I hope you have submitted all your documents stated by that visa officer right away.

Ekansh Bhatnagar

Jun 15, 2010, 11:49:07 PM6/15/10
to cmu_en...@googlegroups.com
Yup..All the docs were complete..Hope to see some good news soon...Thanks a lot for your replies buddies ...
Thanks and Regards

Yours Sincerely,
Ekansh Bhatnagar

Ekansh Bhatnagar

Jun 16, 2010, 6:24:51 AM6/16/10
to cmu_en...@googlegroups.com
@ Sankalp --> Please notify when your VISA reaches you ...

Sankalp Arora

Jun 16, 2010, 12:46:46 PM6/16/10
to cmu_entrants
wow ...thanks for the help guys...hopin 4 d best

On Jun 16, 3:24 pm, Ekansh Bhatnagar <ekansh.bhatna...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> @ Sankalp --> Please notify when your VISA reaches you ...
>
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 9:19 AM, Ekansh Bhatnagar <
>

> ekansh.bhatna...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yup..All the docs were complete..Hope to see some good news soon...Thanks a
> > lot for your replies buddies ...
>
> > On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 7:12 AM, sahil khurana <sahilk...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> I hope you have submitted all your documents stated by that visa officer
> >> right away.

Sankalp Arora

Jun 21, 2010, 11:06:16 AM6/21/10
to cmu_entrants
hey got my visa!!!!!

Anindita Das

Jun 21, 2010, 12:48:48 PM6/21/10
to cmu_en...@googlegroups.com
@Sankalp, so you got ur visa in 27days, right? plz confirm..i go for my visa intw tomorrow..n m expecting a pink slip..

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 8:36 PM, Sankalp Arora <ar.sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
hey got my visa!!!!!

On Jun 16, 9:46 pm, Sankalp Arora <ar.sank...@gmail.com> wrote:
> wow ...thanks for the help guys...hopin 4 d best
>
> On Jun 16, 3:24 pm, Ekansh Bhatnagar <ekansh.bhatna...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > @ Sankalp@ --> Please notify when your VISA reaches you ...
Message has been deleted

Sankalp Arora

Jun 21, 2010, 2:39:45 PM6/21/10
to cmu_entrants
yup ..around a month..according to d embassy it will take maximum of 6
weeks...
do carry your resume, letter of recos and research details along...al
the best

Ekansh Bhatnagar

Jun 22, 2010, 12:31:25 AM6/22/10
to cmu_en...@googlegroups.com
Hey Congrats .. Guess I have to wait for 3 more weeks ... :-)

--
Indian Graduate Student Association, CMU
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~igsa

Anindita Das

Jun 22, 2010, 4:12:56 PM6/22/10
to cmu_en...@googlegroups.com

A big thank u to every1 for making me aware abt this sumwhat scary business..
n yes, i gt one today.. :( :(

Yamanoor Sai Ram

Jun 22, 2010, 9:29:27 PM6/22/10
to cmu_en...@googlegroups.com
Anindita,

Which course are you heading to?

Sairam

Ekansh Bhatnagar

Jun 23, 2010, 12:27:17 AM6/23/10
to cmu_en...@googlegroups.com
Do not worry Anindita..I am in the same boat .... The reassuring thing that I learnt  is that many applicants to other universities as well have got it..Let us wait and hope for the best.

dharini c

Jun 23, 2010, 3:04:30 AM6/23/10
to cmu_en...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

I unexpectedly got a pink slip today..I stated my research field as power electronics ( made sure it is not in TAL ) but still i got one..
I went to the Chennai Consulate..Any idea how long it will take to process?

And also, what are the chances of not receiving the visa?

Regards,
Dharini

Anindita Das

Jun 23, 2010, 4:22:22 AM6/23/10
to cmu_en...@googlegroups.com
@Sairam, Hey, 'm going for chemistry Ph.D

@ Ekansh, thanks.. :)

Priyanka Anand

Jun 23, 2010, 6:18:18 AM6/23/10
to cmu_en...@googlegroups.com

Hi,
M getting admission in the PhD program in Biochemistry in CMU. I also got a pink slip. M worried wen m gonna get visa. Orientation is beginning from 9th August.
Regards,
Priyanka Anand

Ekansh Bhatnagar

Jun 23, 2010, 11:28:08 PM6/23/10
to cmu_en...@googlegroups.com
@ Dharini --> People are getting VISAS in a month's time (Although I am yet to receive it). I think chances of not getting it are bleak. You should get one. The only constraint is delay.

--
Indian Graduate Student Association, CMU
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~igsa

dharini c

Jun 24, 2010, 12:05:17 AM6/24/10
to cmu_en...@googlegroups.com
@ Ekansh : Thanks..i'm crossing my fingers and hoping i get it soon :|

Dharini

Sankalp Arora

Jun 24, 2010, 2:24:43 AM6/24/10
to cmu_entrants
thnx all...al d best for ur VISA apps

Ekansh Bhatnagar

Sankalp Arora

Jul 2, 2010, 4:15:37 AM7/2/10
to cmu_entrants
jst keep patient..VISA will come in..it shows tht they are taking more
interest in you...let us kno when it comes in...

On Jun 29, 11:03 am, Ekansh Bhatnagar <ekansh.bhatna...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> It has been 2 weeks and 1 day.... The status is "Pending Processing" and
> they have NOT demanded any documents from me. My passport is with them and I
> have alreday resigned from my job...Stuck up big time...Any message of hope?

Ekansh Bhatnagar

Jul 6, 2010, 5:44:12 AM7/6/10
to cmu_en...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone with a Pink Slip got his/her VISA recently ...It has been 22 days for me since I appeared for an interview at the Chennai Consulate...I am yet to hear any word....

dharini c

Jul 6, 2010, 5:58:14 AM7/6/10
to cmu_en...@googlegroups.com
Nope, i had my visa interview at chennai on june 23 and haevnt received a word yet..but we'll all get it sooner or later...dont worry..

dharini

Priyanka Anand

Jul 6, 2010, 6:19:17 AM7/6/10
to cmu_en...@googlegroups.com

Hello,
I had my visa interview on June 22 and have not yet heard a word from there. Although I understand in my case it may seem that only a few days have passed since the time of interview but a lot of trustworthy and responsible people have told me that it takes atleast two weeks and it could take as much as four weeks. I think patience is important under this circumstance (true that it's easy said but v difficult to do..n m also worried.. but that's the only way).
Regards
Priyanka

Ekansh Bhatnagar

Ekansh Bhatnagar

Jul 6, 2010, 6:21:52 AM7/6/10
to cmu_en...@googlegroups.com
Hello Priyanka

Yup..You are right..We all need to be patient..Thanks for the reply..

--
Indian Graduate Student Association, CMU
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~igsa

dharini c

Jul 6, 2010, 6:23:31 AM7/6/10
to cmu_en...@googlegroups.com
Ekansh,

it still says pending process..and they didn't ask for any docs except the questionnaire and the attached cv..don't worry...we'll getit..

Dharini

Akshay Agrawal

Jul 7, 2010, 3:06:27 PM7/7/10
to cmu_en...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone
I got a pink slip in Chennai consulate on 25th June. I checked today my visa has been issued.

I have checked with others who also got a pink slip in chennai it takes a maximum of 4weeks in Chennai consulate for your visa to be issued. So anyone who hasn't got the visa yet just be a little more patient.
Regards
Akshay

Akshay Agrawal

Jul 7, 2010, 4:32:01 PM7/7/10
to cmu_en...@googlegroups.com

Ekansh Bhatnagar

Jul 8, 2010, 1:15:25 AM7/8/10
to cmu_en...@googlegroups.com
Hey Congrats ... That is a good news Akshay...

--
Indian Graduate Student Association, CMU
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~igsa

Sunayana Sitaram

Jul 8, 2010, 3:56:20 AM7/8/10
to cmu_entrants
Hi everyone,

I'm an LTI (Language Technologies Institute, SCS) Masters student
joining this Fall. I would like to get in touch with any LTI Masters
or PhD students who got a Pink Slip (or even otherwise!).

Please let me know how I can contact you or reply to me directly at
sunayana.sitaram at gmail dot com

Thanks
Sunayana.