Compiler doesn't work with Mootools 1.2.3 (didn't try the others)

gabon

Nov 7, 2009, 10:22:23 AM11/7/09
to Closure Compiler Discuss
For curiosity, I tried to compress the not compressed version of
Mootools 1.2.3 and surprisingly it was 56kb instead of the 68kb of the
compressed version. Unfortunately though, the library doesn't work
anymore.

Cheers, chr

gabon

Nov 7, 2009, 10:24:16 AM11/7/09
to Closure Compiler Discuss
I was forgetting, of course I get some warnings, but I don't get any
error during the compiling.

bolinfest

Nov 7, 2009, 11:21:03 AM11/7/09
to Closure Compiler Discuss
What compilation level were you using?

John Lenz

Nov 7, 2009, 11:27:48 AM11/7/09
to closure-comp...@googlegroups.com
If you were using advanced mode compilation, the compiler will strip
unused function, so you must compile it with your source or include a
stub to export the function you are using.
If were using simple or whitespace only, can you provide a simple test
case for the failing function?

gabon

Nov 9, 2009, 5:57:03 AM11/9/09
to Closure Compiler Discuss
Ok, it makes sense, I was using advanced. So advanced should be used
to basically generate a unique js for the whole app.

Cheers, chr