Meeting next week!

Brian Maddy

Jan 26, 2012, 1:19:26 PM1/26/12
to cloj...@googlegroups.com
It's that time again! Next Wednesday Tom will be sharing his
experiences with Noir, a web framework for Clojure. After that, we can
do some 4clojure puzzles or people can help Ben and me work on a
ClojureScript version of the TodoMVC app
(http://addyosmani.github.com/todomvc/). Should be fun!

7pm at Refactr - see you there!

Description of Tom's talk:
Title: Noir is the new Black
Abstract:
Tom will share experiences in developing a web application using Noir
and some of the fun along the way (e.g. working around the
not-yet-complete modularization of clojure-contrib).
He also give you a sneak peak of his upcoming weekend (what you will
be missing at Europe's biggest open source
conference)...http://info9.net/wiki/tmarble/posts/Two_DevRooms_for_FOSDEM_2012/

Cheers,
Brian

Benjamin EBBY

Feb 1, 2012, 12:48:14 PM2/1/12
to clojure.mn
Hello Brian,

If time allows, I would like to walk everyone through the build
process that we use
at Upgrade Avenue (http://www.upgradeavenue.com), to integrate various
technologies
into our clojure app.

-- Benjamin

Ted Naleid

Feb 1, 2012, 11:14:50 PM2/1/12
to cloj...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to Tom and Benjamin for presenting tonight on Noir and other tech that they're finding useful.

As I mentioned in the meeting tonight, I'm going to Clojure/West out in San Jose next month.  Looks like a great conference: http://clojurewest.org/sessions/

I'm not sure if anyone else from the clojure.mn group is going (if you are, let me know and we can meet up).  I'm willing to do a relatively informal presentation on some of my takeaways in April if people would find that interesting.  (or co-present if anyone else is going and interested in joining in).

If it's anything like the strangeloop conference, I'm guessing that the organizer, Alex Miller, will likely have most of the slide decks available on GitHub.  I can highlight the ones that I found interesting as well as anything else that was worth noting.

-Ted

Erik Rantapaa

Feb 2, 2012, 10:18:02 AM2/2/12
to cloj...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 10:14 PM, Ted Naleid <con...@naleid.com> wrote:
> Thanks to Tom and Benjamin for presenting tonight on Noir and other tech
> that they're finding useful.

Related to Tom's talk, just two days ago a talk appeared on infoq
about Clojurescript and using Clojurescript in the browser:

http://www.infoq.com/presentations/One-Parenthesis-to-Rule-them-All

There is even a demo of a Clojure repl interacting with a
Clojurescript repl running in a browser somewhat like attaching a
debugging session to a remote process. In addition it also talks a bit
about ring, compojure and noir.

Ted Naleid

Feb 2, 2012, 10:39:47 AM2/2/12
to cloj...@googlegroups.com
Related to Tom's talk, just two days ago a talk appeared on infoq
about Clojurescript and using Clojurescript in the browser:

http://www.infoq.com/presentations/One-Parenthesis-to-Rule-them-All

There is even a demo of a Clojure repl interacting with a
Clojurescript repl running in a browser somewhat like attaching a
debugging session to a remote process. In addition it also talks a bit
about ring, compojure and noir.

During Tom's talk, I mentioned that lein just got a new plugin to be able to pull dependencies directly from git repos.  Turns out that this based on code extracted from the ClojureScript One project:

This looks like a great way to work with bleeding edge dependencies without having to mess around with publishing something temporary out on clojars.

-Ted

Nick Bauman

Feb 2, 2012, 11:46:47 AM2/2/12
to cloj...@googlegroups.com
Ted,

Thanks, I totally need this! I've been using a git repo to host my
maven artifacts, now I'll just change it to a git-dependency.

I can't afford to go to San Jose, wish I could.

Tom Marble

Feb 3, 2012, 11:20:50 AM2/3/12
to cloj...@googlegroups.com
Ted:

> Thanks, I totally need this! I've been using a git repo to host my
> maven artifacts, now I'll just change it to a git-dependency.

This is great.. can't wait to try it!

Enclosed please find my presentation.

Regards,

--Tom

noir-is-the-new-black.org

Nick Bauman

Feb 3, 2012, 12:09:33 PM2/3/12
to cloj...@googlegroups.com
I'm using it now. It works great. The only snag for me was figuring
out what / how to do the :extra-classpath-dirs correctly. Otherwise
it's incredibly straightforward.

This is yet another place where lein shines over mvn et al.

Nick Bauman

Feb 3, 2012, 2:43:07 PM2/3/12
to cloj...@googlegroups.com
I actually found this more helpful than the clojars or git repo for
the lein-git-deps plugin:

https://github.com/brentonashworth/one-wiki/wiki/Dependencies

Nick Bauman

Feb 6, 2012, 1:23:20 AM2/6/12
to cloj...@googlegroups.com
Folks, on topic with Tom Marble's Noir presentation last week I have
my additions to the Noir test harness are available on github, if
you're interested.

https://github.com/nickbauman/noir.util.test2